Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-03-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
So I was out yesterday with my neighbors kids and their friends giving them all a pull. Our neighbor is always helping out at the lake and so I like to return the favor. Now none of the kids are sick boarders but they are good for only being at it for 1.5 summers. The lake where we ski is fairly narrow and everyone must share the waterway also it is only about 2.5 miles long dam to dam. I am underway in one of the very narrow spots (just enough room for 2 boat to pass each other safely with s skier). Well is see a newer X1 that has just picked up a rider. Keep in mind I am already underway with skier and going to over take this guy on the right. The other boat X1 makes a quick pick up and literally cuts me off. I have to pull back to keep from hitting his rider. Well, I give the guy enough room so I don't run over his guy, but I tailgate this guy. Turns out his rider blows. cant toe side jump, cant clear wake to wake heel side. After he fall I pass him and the whole boat 3 guys is just staring at me like I am the a#$hole. I can't stand people that cut me off

/rant

P
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-03-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
That was tough to read. So there were three boats and after you got cut off you were tailgating another?
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-03-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
Paul the X1 cut me off while I had a rider. So then I was tailgating him. Once his rider fell the X1 was staring at me like I was the jerk for tailgating not him cutting me off
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-03-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
Being the a-hole isn't a mutually exclusive thing. That X-1 was certainly an a-hole for cutting you off, but you were in fact an a-hole for getting up on another rider, especially if the rider isn't that experienced. You're putting a rider at considerable risk over the actions of a boneheaded driver. If worse comes to worse, you can always power down and start back up in a minute after the other guy gets some distance on you.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-03-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
Dante,
You are right. I will say that I felt I gave the guy and the rider enough room. What it hard to understand about the area is that since it is so marrow the driver put his rider at a huge risk because he pulled him up in front of me. I pulled back to give enough room when he fell to maneuver around the boat. I guess I picked a wrong word choice with "tailgating"
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
Two wrongs don't make a right, but the HEEL SIDE POSSE WAS IN FULL EFFECT!!!

I'd like to give a shout-out to the HSP with the $5k stereo who needs to prove he's got a $5k stereo while bustin straight airs to case the wake. Nothing like white boys, gangster rap, and a big azz stereo to increase the level of awesomeness.