Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (blazin4life)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-21-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
I got a 2002 centurion sport bowrider at the end of last summer. We purchased the boat with no sterio equipment. No speakers no radio no anything. I hear that NVS equipment are some of the best speakers out there. I also know that with sterio systems quality is more important that quantity. So my question is would the NVS Tyrant Wakeboard Tower Speaker (Single) or the NVS Entity 808 Wakeboard Tower Speaker (Single) get the job done. I would like to be able to hear music when i am riding and i was not sure if i could do that with that specific setup. So tell me what you all think or if you have any other sugestions!
Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-21-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
If you were going to go a single unit, i would use an entity 808 or 1010.

I have addictions and they are awesome! A little more expensive than the single unit though.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-21-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
I'm w/ jon if you wnat just one, go with the 1010. I also think you'd be satisfied w/ one tyrant IMO. If price is an issue, I know there are other companies selling similar HLCD products (with a lower price point), but dont have the exposure NVS does on this board. I've had my 1010's for a little over a year and a half now.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-21-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
Tom, In my opinion if you are going to buy a single speaker set, why don't you spend a little more and just purchase a pair of Addictions. It will look better on your tower and keep you from banging your head on a single 1010 placed in the middle of your tower. Whats a little more money you will just make more next week right.

Brannon
Old     (blazin4life)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-21-2006, 2:54 PM Reply   
Alright thanks. so keeping in mind that the boat has no other speakers of any kind at all would you be able to hear a single NVS Tyrant speaker while boarding? And also what kind of amp do you guys run?
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-21-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
I just have a pair of addictions and a 12" sub in my boat. You can hear it great while riding and obviously it can get up to ear splitting volume in the boat as well. I'm running the addictions off an Audiobahn A2300HCT (4 Ohms Stereo : 300 x 2)

Upload
Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-21-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
Gordon,

Nice looking boat! Thats probably the sickest 2001 i have ever seen.

What frequency do you have your addictions set at? I just installed mine and am still adjusting them.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-21-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
Jon,

Thanks. I'm not sure as my boat is nowhere near, next time i'm out I'll take a look. Sorry, I don't have that written down.
Old    ematthew            03-22-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it unusual to mount your addictions like that? It seems to me I have only seen them mounted hanging down from the tower, not up. Any problems with them staying like that while driving the boat around?
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-22-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
Ed,
There would be the same about of drag, either up or down. The difference is, looks. That, and you don't crack your noodle when they are up. My old tower was pretty low, and I used to hit my head a lot. I swapped the speakers so they would be up like his, and it was cool. I just didn't like the way it looked, so I bought a new tower.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-22-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Drag is definatley not an issue, but what about gravity? It's always seems alot easier (less stress) to hang something, that heavy, from the tower than to "balance" it overhead. (for lack of a better description) I know my NVS are built solid, and you'd proabbly never have an issue.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-22-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
Well it was the only way the bimini would fit underneath as well as providing a further distance apart for more sound coverage. The NVS's come with double clamps and to date there has been no problem with drag, movement or gravity even in the heavy chop of the deep water channel. Lookswise, yes I'd agree down is better, but in a small boat every bit of space needs to be fully utilized.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-22-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
I love the boat gordon.

It must be tight in there when all of those board racks are full huh?
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-22-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
Thanks J-Rod,

Yes, and they do all get filled at times in this era of everyone having a board or two, skate, surfboard etc. Here's one of a typical delta day before the NVS's were intalled when it had EVID 6.2's.

Upload
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-22-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Wow, that is an awesome boat.
Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-22-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
Gordon,

How do you like the fresh air exhaust system?
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-22-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
Jon,

I really like it, for surfing and idling through the 5's it makes a huge difference. No more lightheaded feeling while surfing and the engine noise level in the boat was reduced significantly.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-22-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
Gordon, are those the new NVS board racks? Hard to tell.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-22-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
J-Rod,

No, they are the Diablo Racks from Fly-High. Similar in design with "pockets" underneath the edge of the board so they don't get dinged and with the add-on surfboard rack. However, unlike the NVS, no rollers. All in all great racks for the price.
Old    00wakesetter            03-23-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
Gordon, do you have any pics from right behind the boat with the additions mounted above the tower?