Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    deltahoosier            10-11-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
Jeremy,

Just because you "trace" something does not mean it is. Islam also traces itself to apostolic times. That does not make it christian. The quote you put up mentions the year 202. Catholicism did not start until well after the year 300, so nice try. Please try and keep facts straight. If you also would actually study, during the time you mentioned, the christians that were in the Roman empire were also being fed to the lions for public entertainment because they did not accept the Roman paganism.

They are right. I am not hear to start a religious debate, I was only answering Johns attack.

Again Jeremy. You certainly add a lot of assumptions to me and how I feel. I offer you facts. You call them hate. I say that pretty much sums up a leftists position. You offer up emotion in the place of facts. Such as firefighters are going to let people burn and those people certainly aren't christians. There is zero to support that conclusion and it appears Eric has given people enough actual facts to stop the idiotic dump on people who actually understand the concept of responsibility for your choices. What you always seem to miss is the discussions are not about absolute feelings in the matter. Not a single person on this board is advocating anyone or anything gets hurt and it I am sure it would break everyones heart including mine) if they knew this person. You have no idea how much time I waste in my life worrying about my neighbors financial situations or health and so on. I have found the people on this board to be some of the coolest and most generous people I have ever met. That is where you always want to take the discussions. That is NOT what people are talking about when these subjects come up. That is very important you understand that.

With this being the basis to start from, what everyone is talking about is policies of financial and government institutions as well as social consequence for your actions. Everyone has the neighbor, friend or family member (or they may be that person) that has screwed up and everyone talks about and says it was a matter of time before such and such happened to them. It was a matter of time. The reason people say that is because they understand consequence to certain actions and know it is going to happen. It is not people looking down on others but at a certain time though you have to stand up and say you are not going to destroy me. If a destructive person in your life starts to destroy you then the destructive person will certainly have no one to help them. They will all be in the gutter. That is the whole point. You have to have a strong position in order to help others. If not there is chaos. That is why people seem so harsh because many financial and government policies do have to be firm and seem unforgiving or they will fall. To apply that to finance and government, that is why me and many others understand that the more people you have to represent with a policy the more general it has to be and thus less fitting to the individuals. Thus as you may say, heartless. That is why we get so fed up with people who want to elect more government to fix it. More (bigger) government is the problem. Bigger government = heartless. I know it sounds odd considering the position but people who are for less government are actually more caring people. They understand this concept.

With this fire. The people thought they would have a government ran program that would run in and save them so they did not take steps to make sure they had the ability or procedures in regarding fires to save themselves. Look at New Orleans. They thought they had a government built levy system to save them and that the government could just swoop in as save them if something happened so they did not do anything locally to prepare. Big Government makes you soft and the crack addict always thinks you are mean and nasty when you won't give them money for more drugs.