Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-27-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
I'm thinkin' about prying my bindings off my board (02 premier 140/finless) again before it turns to dust while I'm riding.

I love the feel of the board, and would like to go lighter and a little faster without giving up the ride, if possible. Sometimes it feels like the board drags when I'm paying attention.

For reference, I liked the 06 Absolute Plat but thought it rode a little harsh (loved the pop though!). I also liked the Transcend Plat (06?) and wouldn't mind trying it again. It was a one-day loaner.....

I just keep coming back to my Premier......Any thoughts and/or suggestions?? Thanks!!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-27-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
The 09 premier has exactly what you want and you know you already like it. It is 17% thinner and it is lighter but with all that good pop you know and love!
http://www.hyperlite.com/product/149402/9238/_/Premier
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-27-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
Try the latest Transcend. Faster and lighter than your premier. Still similar in some characteristics, so it should be a total shock.

I went from a Premier to a Absolute, to a Transcend.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-27-2009, 4:06 PM Reply   
He wanted something faster, didn't the later Premiers get slower?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-27-2009, 5:24 PM Reply   
yea i hate to say it riley but he is on the old premier shape=current era, well closer to the era than the new premier shape.

if your looking for something faster with the similar pop and edging check out the new murray either 08 or 09. only difference is some of the materials used to make the board.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-27-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
Joe, if you ride pretty often and pretty hard you may be quite surprised when you step on a new board. I was a huge fan of DU lidbergs and had a "stash" of a few. One day I decided to mount up the binders to a fresh lidberg deck (even though the old wasnt in that bad of shape, I just felt like I couldn't get any pop out of it) for a set. My very first hit I was thrown into a TS mini batwing. I learned that my old board, while looked fine, was pretty worn out from all the riding I had done on it. It was a welcomed surprise. Now I try and get a fresh deck every year or two.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-27-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
Joe
I've got a Marius and a Faction you can try anytime. Someone stole my platty Transcend or I'd let you have it. Brandon may have a few boards you could try as well.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-27-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
Please know that lighter is not always better. I have been on a few ultra light boards that didn't work very well in less than perfect conditons. I like a little chili on my hotdog.

Faction =

Chuck! How ya been? Happy New Year to ya brutha!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-27-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
Maybe the Lyman?
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-27-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
Tank

I'm OK---just letting the broken foot heal. I'm hoping to start riding again next month. We should all get together at our lake for a demo day. Bates could send up some of the new gear, ride all weekend, BBQ, hang out, cornhole, etc.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-27-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
I dont ride this board but i used to ride the old premier dna for years and the only board ive ridden that reminded me of it was the Gator Ricky G boards,it was the exact feel on the water and pop but a tad lighter and faster..

I used to ride the absolute platty for three seasons ,it was slow but the trancend in 07/08 was just as good but faster .I now am on my second season on a 138 trancend platty.I hear the 09 is even better but ill wait until this one breaks and get try one out..
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-28-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm ridin' during the week right now so it would be a good time to put some demo time in, if I can get my mitts on some boards.

I still love the premier, but I'm trying to reduce the dragging feel with out bumping my speed too much...I ride slower speeds but I like that. Before, I was trying stuff out just to do it. Now I feel like I'm ready to make a change.

Chuck- Thanks again for the offer! I'll def call you about the loaners, and as always, appreciate all you've done to make me a better rider. I'd probably still be jumpin my slalom without your help

Jarrod- I liked the Transcend a lot even though it seemed a little loose by comparison at first. Def one I'd like to re-visit.......
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-28-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
I came from an 03 premier (same shape) to a finless marius. I love it. Ridden new premiers, a transcend (06 I think), new absolutes, a byerly monarch, and various other boards I can't think of, but I haven't strayed from the Marius. Only reason I changed from the premier in the first place is I broke it, and it got replaced with a newer model which I hated.

Other than the Marius, I do really enjoy lasy years Byerly Monarch, probably my #2 right now
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-28-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
*hyjack on*

Chuck - Man that sounds great! You let us know when you are ready! Do we hafta cornhole?

*end hyjack*