Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-15-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
whats the average cost...? im in so cal any close to me at a decent cost ??
Old     (wakebrdmom)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-15-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
I don't know how much you want to spend. We have spent $350 a day, per person, in Florida with Glen Fletcher. And we spend $1300 a week at West Coast Camps in California. These 2 camps so far have been awesome. We will continue to return to them each year. And given we have 3 kids so $$$ times 3 is a lot of money. The Delta Wakeboard Camp is new and also doing a great job. You need to look at what you want out of a camp. Also, sometimes you get what you pay for. Good Luck.
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-15-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
My wife spent a week out @ Wakeboard Boot Camp and really enjoyed it. Check them out. www.wakeboardbootcamp.com
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-15-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
We've used So Cal Wakeboard Instruction in the Canyon Lake area...

www.socalwakeboardinstruction.com
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-15-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
second for so cal wakeboard. they have rented the channel at Elsi on the 29th and 31st of august. they are doing two clinics a day on those days. get signed up for one of them. $120 for 4 hours. 5 riders max per class.
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-15-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
When you took your lessons, do you tip your instructor? I'm planning on taking some and just don't want to look like a jerk either way...
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-15-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
Please tip if you can, most instructors work for small wages and water time. If you have a good lesson and your instructor is working hard to improve your riding skills and your comfortable with his/hers efforts then tip. If you have an instructor that gives you the "just huck it harder dude" coaching experence, than I would say no to the tip. Most quality camps/instructors really care about their students and feel bad if you don't improve.
Old     (jbeau)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-15-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
Jon,
I've been riding with Brent at So-Cal Wakeboard Instruction for more then a few times this summer and I cannot say enough about him and his camp. He not only builds a great foundation, he builds confidence, does drills, talks me through things and most importantly is patient and is just plain fun to be around. He is generous with set times and lets you take as much time riding as you want. Noah, his side kick is an awesome driver and has saved me from potential falls which should've tossed me around like a rag doll. Both guys love the sport and are a joy to watch ride.

(Message edited by jbeau on August 15, 2006)
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-15-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
Mad props to Josh and Noah. Rode with them once, switched to CWB boards, and started to really progress.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-16-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
Any good camps/schools in the Oregon/Washington area?..........