Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    jacobyz250            03-03-2004, 6:54 PM Reply   
I recently bought shaft and shafted on dvd because those were some of the first vidos I seen back in the day that my friend had. I bought the Dvd with both of them on it from Boardflix( a ton of people say they were awsome from this board)
A great price shipped right away, but how come I have Japanese Subtitles that I can turn off??? Talk about annoying...I hope their all like this...LMK

(Message edited by jacobyz250 on March 03, 2004)
Old    murrayair            03-03-2004, 7:29 PM Reply   
i have the same problem. When i first start either of the movies the Japanese subtitles come on. It is really easy to turn off, you just find the subtiles button on the remote and turn them off. For me it is as simple as pushing a button, but on your dvd player it might be different.
Old    jacobyz250            03-04-2004, 5:27 PM Reply   
Well, I played it yesterady on the X box and it worked awsome, no subtitles at all. I have to look into the the dvd player in the living room.
Thanks,
Jacob
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-04-2004, 7:14 PM Reply   
ok what i want to know if it`s this movie is good or not ??
much slider or not ?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-04-2004, 7:43 PM Reply   
It did that the first time i played it but i turned it off and it hasnt dont that since..i still watch it regularly but watch shafted more then shaft..Shafted is one of my all time favorites..

Not many sliders at all,it was out before the big slider/kicker parts in videos started to get more mainstream..
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-04-2004, 10:21 PM Reply   
how much is it?
Old    murrayair            03-05-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
It's like $25 most places. Awesome vid. I would highly reccomend it.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-05-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
I have around 8 or 9 wakeboarding dvd's and shaft/shafted is hands down my favorite of the bunch. I love the section with greg Necrason he throws the coolest/hugest crows and elephants I have ever seen. Definetly worth picking up the movie just for his section.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            03-05-2004, 6:42 PM Reply   
Shaft/ed
12 Honkeys
Incomplete
All or nothing

Those are my favorites. Most movies today are something like 20 mins long and all sliders (which I have never done so I cant really get that excited about them). Well, incomplete has a lot of sliders but its still good.

Who has suggestions about newer movies worth purchasing? You can figure my taste from the above titles.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-05-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
natural born thrillaz
Old     (chatham)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-07-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
The boys throw some serious moves on this video.

It "feels" old school though. The guys all look 14. The tunes are good, but dated. Crazy how fast this industry changes.