Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-26-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   
Well, it looks like there won't be INT tournaments in Minnesota this year. Someone needs to step up to the plate to run the show. So far, no one has. It's a huge commitment.

Fortunately, Minnesota Inboard will possibly be hosting a couple tournaments of their own.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-26-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
Hopefully Midwest Mastercraft will do some comps and or demos this year to. What mn needs are some jam sessions, where a bunch of riders get together and ride and hang out.
Old    shaggydan22            01-26-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
That sucks. I was actually thinking about competing in all of them this year. Last year I went to northern boarders wakefest and midwest militias boot camp. Full weekend events you guys should think about going.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       01-26-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
Since Dan mentioned it... We just recently set the dates and location for our 5th annual Northern Boarders Wakefest. We'll be holding it in Minnesota this year at Detroit Lakes right by the Holiday Inn July 10-11, most likely with Nautique and Gekko boat demos on the 9th in conjunction with WakeWater Sports out of Glyndon (our partners), along with wakeboard product demos for anyone to try. For anyone wanting more detailed information, last year's schedule is still up on our homepage at www.seedickride.com. Just look at the schedule for the Friday and Saturday portion of last summer's event, and that will be pretty close to what we'll be doing this year on Saturday and Sunday. The Survivor tournament in particular has been a big hit the last 2 years, and is essentially the jam session that Corey mentioned. I'm sure Dan could give you his opinion with more detail, too. The Liquid Force Trip Across America is also stopping in with us on August 8 in the Detroit Lakes area. We haven't determined for sure how we're going to fill the slots for the day yet, though.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old    shaggydan22            01-26-2004, 7:52 PM Reply   
I had a lot of fun out at devils lake, and so did everyone else in our crew. The survivor tourny really helps eveyone get to know eachother. By the end of the day I had forgotten we were even competing anymore. That really eased the pressure for the "traditional" style tourny on saturday(even tho i still rode like poo). I just wished more of the riders woulda camped out after competing.

I would also have to equally recommend boot camp for those willing to drive to ottawa IL. The fiji chicken deluxe at the bar was worth the drive alone.
Old    cdn_wkbrdr            01-26-2004, 9:03 PM Reply   
In these tourneys you ride behind your own boat rite?
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       01-27-2004, 5:33 AM Reply   
In both of our tourneys, boats are provided. The only way you might end up riding behind your own boat would be during the Survivor contest, if we had more riders than expected, and we ended up needing more boats than planned. We run 2-3 boats for the divisional tournament, and as many as it takes to get everyone out on the water at the same time for the Survivor contest. We haven't had to cap the rider entries in the past, but we might have to this year. So, anyone that's interested in attending, contact me to get your name on the email update list, so you can be sure to get in on early registration if necessary.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-27-2004, 6:38 AM Reply   
there is always Mid West Wake Fest 2004... always a great time....

www.midwestwakefest.com
Old    wakekicker            01-27-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
Anyone who has been to any of the last Northern Boarders Wakefests know it's a great time. This'll be my fifth year and it gets better every year. Having it in Detroit Lakes is going to be insane, but that's what I'm all about. There will be strong support from many riders in the Detroit Lakes area.
Old    shaggydan22            01-28-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
Hey kalsow, its about time you got on wakeworld. I was one of the guys in the tige' crew.
Old    birdy            01-28-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
Mike~

You rock for hosting the Northern Boarders Wakefest! I haven't been able to attend one yet since I work at a summer camp that won't allow me much time off. But this year since it's in MN...I totally will be there! I hung some posters up in previous years...you wanna send some more my way and I'll hang 'em up here at college?

Bridget
Old    crazyirish            01-28-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
Kalsow is such a poser! Yeah, mike does a great job with northern boarders, I wasn't able to go last year but I was there the first three years and we always have a great time. It should be great this year, we have a lot of friends who have wanted to come but wouldn't make the trek to Devils lake, they'll be there for sure now that its in our backyard.
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-28-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
Mike

Sounds like a blast. One slight concern though is the location on the lake. I grew up about 1/4 mile from the holiday inn, and that's typically the most windy part of the lake (NE corner). I just don't ever remember wanting to ski in that area. Would they let you hold the event on Little Detroit along the mile long beach? It's great for viewers as well. The location may already be set, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-29-2004, 6:42 AM Reply   
damn, I just looked at your website mike...looks like you are holding your event the same weekend as Mid West Wake Fest this year. I was looking to hit some more events to see what else is out there, oh well, maybe next year...

www.midwestwakefest.com
Old    yea_yea            01-29-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
Where did you here that no one had picked up INT?
I know last year the crystal edge guys didn't really get any info out till the last minute because they're soo busy with the shop.
Old    shaggydan22            01-29-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
danny, i think you need to update your profile.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       01-29-2004, 5:00 PM Reply   
Forrest- I'm wondering if you've mixed up the dates. Last summer, our events were held the same weekend (the 18th-20th). This summer, we're holding ours earlier (10th and 11th). If the Midwest Wakefest is the same weekend as last year, you should be able to attend both! I've gotten a couple recommendations about the site location, so we'll be taking that under consideration, but right now I think our best bet is the Holiday Inn location as far as viewing purposes, and ease of access.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old    wakekicker            01-29-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
I think little DL will be a good opp for the survivor tourney, less wind ect. Mile Long would be the way to go, unless we get lucky with the wind, less traffic too. Either way We're in. Hey Ryan, I was a poser in 6th grade, now I've graduated to Wally status, my boat ends in "tron".
Old    yea_yea            01-30-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
I was just told last night that Matt at crystal edge was asked not to come back to INT this year. Which is funny because he was the only one that had any criticism at the national meeting.

Dan check my profile now I guess it was a little outdated
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-13-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
Mike~ I don't know what I saw then, I thought it said your event was the 16-18 also. I think I may try to hit your event as well then. Keep me posted as to details....
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-13-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
Forrest- You saw the dates properly on both websites. The thing is, the dates were from last summer. I'm hoping Midwest Wakefest is the same weekend, so guys like you will be able to attend both. I've placed your email address on the list to get updates, so we'll keep you informed. We're getting pretty excited about the Wakefest. This year, we'll be having everyone pre-register online so we can be as organized as possible. So far, we have 7 boats lined up to handle the Survivor tournament, and we're planning on capping registration for the divisional tourney at 100. We're currently working on getting a new website ready, so hopefully by March 1, we'll have all the current information up.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com