Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    mark_mascioli            08-01-2004, 7:47 PM Reply   
just wondering if there is a product(or a secret) anyone uses to get in and out of bindings

cheers
mark
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-01-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
lubricants like soap, shaving cream, liquid soap, ky jelly, moisturizer....or you can buy the gimmick stuff at your local wakeboard store for like $10. Its basically soap with 5 times the price.
Old    mark_mascioli            08-01-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
thanks leo
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-01-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
yeah your right... it's pretty much expensive soap... not... it doesn't harm binding's rubber or EVA foam, is environmentally safe and disolve faster in water... they really are lubricant not soap... pretty much like KY sold in Ron Jeremy size bottle(this means bigger bottle)...
things that doesn't matter for a 17 year old I guess...
I recommand using it when bindings are new... as soon as they are broken down, stop being lazy and get them on without it... for bindings with laces and gimmics like that, you shouldn't use any in the first place...
Old    codsmack            08-01-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
Anything that you can possibly think of that is water soluable, however you spell it, and it
biodegradable. I like cheap ass shaving cream the best, it washes away about right. Soap whichis bad for them stays on them too long and KY goes away right off
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-02-2004, 7:17 AM Reply   
http://www.buywake.com/catalog/index.lasso?cat=20
Old    mark_mascioli            08-02-2004, 1:13 PM Reply   
thanks for the info guys

mark
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       08-02-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
Jonathan, what's with that post? I don't intend on flaming you or anything, but your saying that laces on bindings are a gimmick? You seem to also be saying that to use a lubricant to easily get on snug bindings is being lazy?

I disagree with both those points.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-02-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
Sounds like John has a case of the Mondays.
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-02-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
why would you have a problem gettin them on in the water?? it just doens't make sense
Old    boardline23            08-02-2004, 6:04 PM Reply   
i use sometimes when the water is cold and i get right off my dock other wise i jump in and get them on

I have a case of no w
akeboarding for 5 days cause of my band damn them
Old    mark_mascioli            08-02-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
i actually dont.

i just bought new blindside bindings and i was reading up on them. all the reviews say the are impossible to get on or off.

so i was looking forward to any problems that might arrive when i receive them in the mail

cheers
mark

(Message edited by mark_mascioli on August 02, 2004)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-02-2004, 8:27 PM Reply   
Jonathen... Dove soap is so soft and acid free. The stuff is like milk. It will not harm your bindings and is definately environment friendly. We wash soap into our drains everyday. Peta or any of those other radical groups havnt complained yet about soap not being environment friendly. I dont really use anything because CD bindings go on perfectly and dont use that hard ass rubber that doesnt slide without lube.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-03-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
Apple Suave... $.99 at Walmart! And it smells great!
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-03-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
my theory, if you dont have to use soap then your bindings arent tight enough, and i do have laces
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       08-03-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
2 words...duck butter
Old     (weygone)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-03-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
has anyone used petroleum jelly? can it hurt the bindings?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
I don't think it would wash of easy. Just think when you ..... nevermind kids read this.
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-03-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
Good old fashioned nose blowing into your bindings works pretty good, but seriously aloe vera works great and does not ruin the bindings. Duck butter is great stuff and not just because of the great name. Barbesol shaving creme with the rust proof can. Good thinking on their part.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
ok now... I think I have to justify my earlier post... I don't really thinks laces are gimmics... at first, when they first came out, I did... now since almost every bindings has laces, I've learned to deal with it but I still prefer my good old Ultras... by gimmicks I was referring to velcros(that just doesn't blend well with water), zippers(that are just plain crap) and ratchet straps(that adds too much weight and pressure points)... I don't say using lubricant is being lazy... well yes that's what I said but I'm just tired of hearing people complaining about getting in and out bindings... and even more if they're using easy entry, lace up, ratchet, or other bindings(I didn't say crap) like that...

I'm also tired of people who do not see the point of using proper binding lube that's safe for the environment(usually the same people that complain about alga), dissolves fast in water and doesn't harm bindings... using petroleum jelly, motor oil, butter or any other cheap crap like this is just completely dumb... this really show that some just don't get the point of buying expensive bindings... to hold you feet inside... so the lube have to wash out quickly in water... now get it?????

as for using soap, rarely are they safe for the environment(doesn't contain phosphate or other harmful chemicals) and does not dissolve as fast in water... BTW soaps are not acid, they are alkaline... you must have failed chemistry leo...

I heard some peoples saying: I've been using soap to get into my slalom ski bindings for 15 years and they're still good as new... yeah they're probably right... but back then bindings were made with thick heavy rubber that wasn't as fragile as lighter EVA foam that is used in bindings conception today... remember that chemicals, soft material, moisture and sun isn't a good mix...

and to those who think I wear bindings that are not snug enough for me, you're wrong... I bought new larges Ultras this year and I wear shoe size 9.5 or 10... I struggled at first to get my feet in those at first but as they broken down, it got easier... I use bindings lube only when I'm in a hurry, like when the sun is coming down fast and everyone wants to ride his share of butter before night falls...