Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    the_intern            10-08-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
I have been riding my Belmonts a lot lately with the claw. I have had problem with my front binding shifting on landings. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
I have had my binding shift forward on hard crashes.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-08-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
That dosn't sound good, are the the metal or plastic claws?
Old    boardline23            10-08-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
no i haven't
Old    stillstandin            10-08-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
The claw sucks..Mine have shifted many times..the last thing to happen was the whole claw piece got loose, and fell into the water when my board was in the board rack. I love my highbacks. I just hate that stupid claw..
Old    210n            10-08-2004, 4:42 PM Reply   
yeah f the claw!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-08-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
I find that the claw is the only thing that stays tight for me. I've never had them shift, but if they're coming loose I could see how that would happen.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-08-2004, 5:38 PM Reply   
I've never had a problem with mine. They always stay tight.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-08-2004, 6:08 PM Reply   
No problems, aluminum claws, always tight. I do remember my Rainbow Locks needing to be tightened every once in a while tho.
Old    howie            10-08-2004, 6:14 PM Reply   
mine are good I check them once before i rideever loose. No problem with mine.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-08-2004, 8:43 PM Reply   
I had that problem all the time. It pisses you off so bad. I quit that HL stuff all together, now life is good!!!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-10-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
You guys need to put Loctite on the bolt threads (bindings and fins). If you do this, and tighten up the bolts properly, they won't shift, and you won't ever be on the swim step, asking for a screwdriver again.
Old    upupnaway            10-10-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
I usually check the tightness of my bolts before going out, just for safety.
Since there are no lock-washers on the screws and bolts, and they sit in the racks vibrating all day, not to mention the punishment they take while riding, you have to expect them to loosen.

Locktite is a good idea, I just worry that I will break the threads out of the board if I ever decide to change stances or bindings.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-10-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
Blue Loctite is service removable. Red Loctite is not.
Old     (jwb)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-10-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
my parks claws came with blue locktite on them....
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-10-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
Yeah, I just bought some Byerly's, they had the blue loctite on the bolts too. You can get the red loctite off, you just have to heat it...with a torch!
Old    edward            10-10-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
yea my parks have been tight since i've put them on. i like the claw and don't know what you guys are bitching about
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-10-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
Once when using the stock plastic claws, I took a fall and found my board floating in one place and one of my bindings floating about four feet away from it. The actual claw end of both claws broke right off. But I replaced them with the aluminum claws and I've never had a problem.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-10-2004, 8:04 PM Reply   
I had the aluminum on es and the got loose but the plastic ones have never moved. I just got the new parks and they have the loctite also. But i still check them everytime i ride. Also if the screw is coming all the way out on you then you must not check it very often unless you are saying the whole screw snapped off.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-11-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
Check your equipment....How hard is that. I've never had mine shift while riding, but I put a screwdriver on them before I head out to the boat. I know one rider that tightened his, but still had them move once in a while and it was only when he sketched the landings on his whirlybirds.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-11-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
Never hada problem with myne and never heard of this unless you dont know how to tighten before you ride.