Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-20-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
Just got a job offer from a company in Grand Junction.....Is there anywhere to ride near by? If not I may shoot myself. Help.
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-20-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
Yeah there are several places to ride in junction. I grew up in rifle which is an hour from grand junction and we have a little res. there that is good boarding on the week days. Im not really familiar with the lakes close to junction i know there is one public res. and a couple private lakes not to sure on the details of those. And the best part is you are only like 4 hours from lake Powell so short weekends trips to the best lake in the country are possible. The best person to talk to is ryan he lives in junction and im sure he will post something up.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-20-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
Welcome to the area Rob. There are definitely some good places to ride here. Check your mail, I sent you a PM.

Brett, looks like we're on the same team now, man. I'm pretty stoked, for sure. Look forward to riding with you this summer. Talk to you later.
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-21-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
Yeah man this summer is going to be an amazing summer. Do you still have the xstar?
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-21-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
I sold my X-2 last year after breaking my foot, but I just ordered an '08 X-Star that will be here in the middle of March. Can't wait!
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-22-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
thats awesome man congrats. Are you still riding on that private lake off i-70?
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-22-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
Ya, I sure am. I'll give you a call once we start riding there again this season. The lake has even been dug out quite a bit, so it's a lot bigger than it was. You still have the same number?
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-23-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
Thats great to hear. I've seen that lake of I-70, it's called Lake Mirage isn't it? Out of curiosity are the other lots for sale on that lake?

So what are the main spots, I've heard a bit about Highline.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-23-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Highline maybe during the week, during the weekend it's ridiculous. It's way better to drive about 45min to Rangely and go to Kenny Reservoir. We aren't on the lake with the 4 or 5 houses on it, we're on the one right next to it, the one with the island at one end.
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-23-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
9703796495. Yeah give me a call when you start riding.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-23-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
Just got back from the boat show here in SLC. It was awesome, I talked to Ruck, Sharpe and Parks. Watched the rail for a while, then drooled over all the new boats.

Upload
Upload
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-23-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
It will be nice to have a job and a way to pay for a boat, glad to be done with school.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-23-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
Rob, did you get my PM? Anyways, where did you get a job at? PM me your contact info if you want, lets ride this summer, or at least lets tie up for a beer!
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-24-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
Ryan, I replied to the e-mail... Working for Shaw construction, I'll be moving down around May. I'm always down for a ride. The show has me thinking about some new Ronix stuff, right now I'm riding a substance w/ ERA's. I'm considering going with Sharpe's board -The Covin with some Relik or One bindings..... Also, don't know if you ride bikes at all but I'm planning on keeping my YZF 400, I heard there's track around GJ somewhere. Then of course I'll need to get a jeep. Lastly I've got a raptor 660 quad that I was considering selling, just depends on what would be better for the area a bike or a quad.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-24-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
If you ride, you'll love it here. I used to race for the Honda shop here, then quit racing to do freestyle. I did that for about a year until I got hurt, so now I went back to racing. I'll show you some nice places to ride bikes also.
Upload
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-25-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
Sweet, thats a great shot. I'm kind of a panzy on bikes, we do a lot of single track up in the mountains in Utah but I've always wanted to learn to jump. Here's a pic of sledding, there's a mini snowboard park we hit every once in a while. We've got a cabin up at Fairview, about 3 hours drive from GJ.
Upload