Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-27-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
I know this gets asked a lot and trust me I did a lot of searching to try and figure out the best way to design the battery system in my new RZR. The total amplifier RMS power is 3950 watts.

We will primarily use the stereo with the boat running but there will be several times throughout the season where we will park and jam the stereo for a couple hours.

I plan on just using the factory battery locations which should give me enough room to install a total of 4 batteries (1 starting, 3 stereo) without taking up any usable locker space. I have a 40A Xantrex TrueCharge 2 that will charge and maintain the batteries, usually after each weekend of use.

Here's what I am thinking:

Starting Battery
Factory Installed Interstate 24M-XHD. I'm not sure if if makes any sense at all to replace this battery. The factory system comes with the SRM-24 for the stereo bank if I remember. It has less CCA than the 24M-XHD but is deep cycle, would this be a better main starting battery or does it really matter that much?

Stereo Batteries
3) US Battery US-145XC wired in parallel.

Battery Isolation/Switching
Blue Sea Systems SI-ACR automatic charging relay.
Blue Sea Systems 3003 HD Series Switch

Wire
All power and ground wire, including the factory charging cable from the alternator and main ground will be 1/0 all the way up to the amp distro's where it will be reduced to 2 AWG.

Since I am just wanting to have a total of 4 batteries, I think it makes sense to get a nice battery like the US-145XC for the stereo bank. Is there any issue doing 3 of the 6V batteries instead of multiples of 2?

I want to do an automatic charging relay so that the alternator will keep the stereo bank maintained while the batteries are at a good voltage. The way I understand it is that the ACR will disengage if the stereo bank falls below a certain voltage, correct? Is there a better ACR I should use or is the SI-ACR even compatible with the US145XC?