Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-15-2003, 2:47 PM Reply   
We've addressed the issue of having a separate discussion board topic for wakeskating in the past. The general opinion of the users of this discussion board was that it would serve no purpose other than to make those who are interested in both wakeboarding and wakeskating have to search in two different places in order to get the information they want.

I can see how it would be a benefit to those who wakeskate, but do not wakeboard, but I find that type of person to be rare in my local area. Perhaps that's not the case in other parts of the world.

Anyway, please let me know yes or no and why. Thanks.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-15-2003, 2:50 PM Reply   
I say no, for the reason above. I like both and like to see the information in one place. Have never seen someone bashed for talking wakeskate in the wakeboarding area. I also am of the opinion that all the topics should be able to be seen on one page without scrolling.
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-15-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   
No
Old    leggester            05-15-2003, 2:55 PM Reply   
YES! WAKEBOARDING is CORE! What's a wakeboard without bindings? Only WAKEBOARDERS should be allowed to post in WAKEboarding topics!

Hmmm, that does sound a bit drastic, doesn't it?

As with the foil/skier thing, I personally don't care. I pretty much love everything that's towed BEHIND THE BOAT!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-15-2003, 5:21 PM Reply   
As I said about the waterski topic, only if there is enough interest to keep the topic fresh. Otherwise if people don't post and the threads are viewed, it's a waste of time and effort.

On WB I rarely check the wakeskate topic but it is fairly active.

Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       05-15-2003, 6:36 PM Reply   
Yes, we need a seperate forum for wakeskating. I don't think making people search in two different places to get info they want is a major deal. If anything, it will help people get to the info they want faster (at least people looking specifically for wakeskating talk).

Is it really that much work and effort to create a seperate thread? I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-15-2003, 8:54 PM Reply   
Yes, for pretty much exactly why Rammer said...

Wakeskating is starting to branch off from wakeboarding.

I would find an area where you can look specifically for Wakeskating better and faster.

It's not too hard to switch between forum sections... It takes the same amount of effort as going to the 'Boats and Accesories' forum from here.
Old    smitty98            05-15-2003, 11:53 PM Reply   
I reckon it would be good. Want something on wakeskates go there, want something on wakeboards, go here.

Old     (skurfer666)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-16-2003, 5:45 AM Reply   
I think it might be good. That way if someone posts a rather vague forum topic, you will know what it pertains to by which discussion board it's under. If people only interested in wakeskating have to go through a whole wakeboarding discussion board, it can be time consuming and irritating. And vice-versa, IMO.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       05-16-2003, 6:21 AM Reply   
I agree with what Dave said, there seem to be few people ONLY interested in wakeskating.

However, there are many times when wakeboarders are looking for info on ONLY wakeskating. Seperating the 2 would be very helpful to those folks, and I know there are a lot of them.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-16-2003, 7:02 AM Reply   
Might as well. I have noticed an increase in wakeskating talk and it would help facilitate the discussion if it was seperated.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       05-16-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
I agree seperate would make it easier to find the info when you need it. The sports are close enough that including it on the site at all is waranted too. I am going to try it for the first time this weekend, so I will be looking for some pointers later.

Cheers
Old    thinair            05-16-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
It would make my life easier. I wouldn't have to sift through all the binding chatter.
Old    lukeh2owalker            05-16-2003, 1:55 PM Reply   
no wakeskating topic but a waterboarding topic would be the snit davee help the glue footed people out so they can get info mega faster bro.
Old    stu_hert            05-16-2003, 11:02 PM Reply   
Ich Denke nein. I say no. Wakeboarding and wakeskating are too closely linked at this stage in the game. I enjoy wakeskating, and I enjoy reading about it, but I don't think it merits it's own topic quite yet. Give it a couple more years to gain a little more independance, and that story may change, but until then...
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-19-2003, 11:34 PM Reply   
Bumpedy bump...
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2003, 6:26 AM Reply   
I say yes. That is the one thing that makes me (reluctantly) migrate occasionnally over to the other site. I feel that there is a little more focus on that topic over there. If I want to read about boats, I go to the boats discussion, wakeboarding to the wakeboarding discussion, why not go to the wakeskate discussion if I want to read about wakeskating?
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-20-2003, 6:50 AM Reply   
I think wakeskating needs more discussion. I've never tried it. It is boring to watch and looks dumb, BUT it looks very challenging and I would love to try. More discussion of the sport may get me to dig up my box of pesos and buy a skate.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       05-20-2003, 10:50 AM Reply   
Believe me Matt, you will enjoy the hell out of it.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-21-2003, 9:40 PM Reply   
Well, either people are sick of me asking this question every six months or attitudes have changed. I will start a wakeskating topic and see how it goes.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
It's up, so get on over there skaters and start some chatter.
Old    sdorovi            05-24-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
I don't know I think it's fine like it is, I got into wakeboarding now this season I'm going to try some wakeskating, and some wakesurfing. I think we all make up the same demographic so why not keep the discussions together. We all like to ride one board not two and we all ride sideways on it and try to go as big as our ability let's us. Don't segregate, but unify it keeps the sport from getting divided into who's hardcore and who's a kuke. This way we can all be hardcore kuke's.
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2003, 10:18 PM Reply   
I usually only check the main board... SO i doubt I would look at the other one. I see it on a lot of other boards... People even seem to post off topic things on the general board because the know everyone looks at the board...

just a thought...