Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (toddjones320)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-19-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
This is a message I recieved from a friend early morning on November 15, this is how my crew thinks about shredding and i hope yours does too...hope you enjoy.

Our lives are gifts dude. Being able to shred is a gift. Do you know what introduced you to shred? I don’t even know, because I know I skate and wakeboarded for a while, not truly understanding what shredding really meant. I don’t think until recently like in the past couple years I really understood what shredding is. Shredding is a term that should not be taken lightly. I know it is thrown around like duuuude lets shred the gnar and stuff like that. But shred, shredding and the shred have a deep true meaning. I believe it is a word understood by a select few, and the shred is the only way to describe this way of life. Try to imagine a life without shred, no skate, no wake, no snow, who would we be? What would we live for, what would we get pumped about? What would we think about? What would we try to do with our lives? Its nuts thinking about how much this shred thing has affected our lives, seriously dude, what would we be talking about without our love for shredding, trying to make a load of money? But to do what with? Buy a big house and a fast car? I just think that shredding puts a lot of things in perspective like some of the best things in life aren’t hard to obtain if you want it for the right reason, I just think its so badass that we know what fuels us and we know what truly makes us happy and we can live this life, its just a matter of choice, people could see us as bums or losers cause we’re not making a lot of money, which seems to be the most important thing in our society, I dunno dude, I guess what im trying to say is we’re really lucky to have this shred thing cause I feel like all the rest don’t have anything like that and don’t really know what to want other than a job that pays a lot no matter how boring and time consuming the job is, it’s a trip to think about how we’re just humans living on planet earth and we do this thing we call shredding and we love it, we think it’s the most badass thing that exists, we think about it everyday, we want to do it every chance we get, it really is apart of us, we really do have something that very few have, a passion, something we love, something we pursue, we wont ever change, we are shredders for life, lets all be thankful for the shred in our lives and thank God that we have something that we really do love. This life is short, we will all die at some point, we all have awesome lives especially us shredders, lets live everyday we are able and never look back, we gotta stay true to what we love and not fall into any kind of bs, we have been givin many gifts, we are blessed dude, we have a lot, be thankful and live well brotha, shred all you can cause it’s a gift, one life dude we have only one life, only one, and we know what we wanna do with it, we’re gonna shred till we die, why would we do anything else!? STD!! Shred Till Death!!!
Old     (cptoafficiency)      Join Date: May 2006       11-19-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
Inspiring. This sums up how my crew feels about shredding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-5F_7DwPpo
Old     (toddjones320)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-19-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
that guy is badass
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-19-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
Hell yeah. That dude rocks. I've had similar converations.

That was fun to read.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-19-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
what was there like... five whole sentences in that?

Great paragraph full of vibe and heart for sure though. not trying to be a grammar teach' or somethin' you know, just trying to say how coool it is that someone has so much to say and be thank full for, and all our blessings, and sharing the stoke for this sport and other brother board sports that involve the same blood, shredding...
Old    murrayair            11-19-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
Todd- Good post. That's an awesome view on life, man. I've met a couple of people who used to wake,skate and snowboard that can't anymore because of debilitating injuries. I can't imagine my life without wakeboarding and all of us who can still enjoy a day out on the lake with friends and family should feel incredibly blessed. It could be taken from us at any moment.

By the way, You may want to consider a new acronym. STD might give people the wrong impression.
Old     (toddjones320)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-19-2008, 11:50 PM Reply   
ya my friend has not been able to wakeboard for a year now due to knee injuries...

And Sly Park Mark you cant be hatin on STD is our way of life man...no it is pretty funny but thats what makes it so badass
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-20-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
That post was pretty cool.

I live by that same philosophy. You have one shot at life..... live it, ride it, and be stoked at the opportunity that you have in front of you.

(Message edited by nuckledragger on November 20, 2008)
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-20-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
Thats a great way to look at things. On the boat ride back to the dock last night I was thinking a lot of what was mentioned in that. How lucky I am to be out on the water cruising across perfect glass with a beautiful sunset going down behind me, my best buddies in the boat and just finished doing what I love to do more than anything in the world SHRED. It's true that a lot of people aren't lucky enough to have a release from the typical days life.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-20-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
That was great! Live to Shred, Shred to Live!

"I just think that shredding puts a lot of things in perspective like some of the best things in life aren’t hard to obtain if you want it for the right reason, I just think its so badass that we know what fuels us and we know what truly makes us happy and we can live this life, its just a matter of choice, people could see us as bums or losers cause we’re not making a lot of money, which seems to be the most important thing in our society, I dunno dude, I guess what im trying to say is we’re really lucky to have this shred thing cause I feel like all the rest don’t have anything like that and don’t really know what to want other than a job that pays a lot no matter how boring and time consuming the job is, it’s a trip to think about how we’re just humans living on planet earth and we do this thing we call shredding and we love it, we think it’s the most badass thing that exists, we think about it everyday, we want to do it every chance we get, it really is apart of us, we really do have something that very few have, a passion, something we love, something we pursue, we wont ever change, we are shredders for life, lets all be thankful for the shred in our lives and thank God that we have something that we really do love."

Maybe the longest sentence on earth.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-20-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
This sums up the following letter in my life

Upload
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-20-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
Killer read.I have been Shreding sence I could ride on my belly on a skate board. I was a skater back in the 80's and skated with alot of the old school pro's like Cab, Gurraro, Lopes, and Mountian. Then one day my wife brought home a skurfer said it was a skateboard for the water. Been on it ever sence .

I have passed up on the big houses and making big money. Forget the Jones.

I will not retire with the big house.

Yet I will retire with lots of pulls and memories of friends I have meet along the way of my shred journey.}
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-20-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
that picture is effin awesome.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-20-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
I am sure it could have been stated better, but yes, shredding rocks!
as far as injuries keeping people down, stop being a pansy! I used to not go riding because my knee hurt, or my back ached. not anymore. I dont ride as much as I used to, but it is more due to family life changing things.
I was glad that the Standerd was around long enough to remind me of CC Roberts. the fact that he can still do what he has always loved to do, makes me feel like a giant Vag, everytime I complain about a little knee ache or something. He is the definition of what the guy above tried to put into 1000 words of gibberish.

http://www.standerdslides.com/archives/632
Old     (board4ce07)      Join Date: May 2004       11-21-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
Train, you will die a sad and lonely death because of what you just said...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-21-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
Davis....what the hell!

Train.

CC Roberts Inspires everything I do!
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-21-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
Haha he was talkin about what Todd said being a thousand words of gibberish. that's all CC roberts is an inspiration but what Todd said isn't gibberish it's our code of living, it is our bible!
Old     (toddjones320)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-23-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
train, you're just mad you're old and you feel like your shred years are fading rapidly
Old     (toddjones320)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-24-2008, 10:20 PM Reply   
TRAIN...

i hate you, and i have a feeling your whole family is going down. Obviously you dont care about shredding or those words would never have crossed your mind. "a thousand words of gibberish." that has to be the most ignorant thing i have ever heard. have fun with your little desk job thats sucks, we all know you hate your life so you dont have to take it out on a little thread on WW. I know its hard to wake up everyday to a boring job and then come home to a wife that bitches at you, but with that said, no it could not have been stated any better. if you can state it better than lets hear it. yes. enlighten us.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       11-24-2008, 10:53 PM Reply   
^^ dude, calm the eff down.
Old     (whyterunk)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-24-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
Ok, I have bit my tongue for too long now. Don't you think that it is about time to stop bitchin', complaining, and calling each other out on stupid stuff like this? I cant believe how many threads turn into stupid fights. I was hoping all this mud slinging was done on Nov. 4th? Although the idea of this thread was not my idea of brilliance, I would not go out of my way to call any one out on it. To each their own right? And Todd, ripping on someone cause you think their job and their personal life sucks, really? I hope you know this guy and know all about his life, or else you might as well call his mom fat and tell everyone how bad he is at wakeboarding. And if you do know him, keep personal info personal. You know what I mean? While I am on the topic, here is a couple other topics that are dumb: backing up your favorite board/boat/company/ice cream with proof like, "cause that's what I ride", people getting called out because of their grammar on wakeworld, people who join WW to get free stuff during Christmas, and any threads like any of those. I know this is a huge cliche, but just get along once in awhile and stop being nay-sayers. We all do this for fun, so have fun. No matter what board you are on, if it is a winch/boat/cable pulling you, or if you rock socks inside your bindings. So call me out after I post this, or correct my grammar(not an English major), or tell me how crappy my board preference is. But if you do just remember you are reinforcing my views on wakeboarders. I wish we weren't such douche bags.
Old     (brent1)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-25-2008, 1:27 AM Reply   
This thread was goin just fine, the vibes were solid, sharin love for the shred, funny ass youtube post of the biggest bro ever! Ha.... then train just ruined all the good vibes and just had to be a negative nancy and call the posted words gibberish. Then he's a hardass and acts like injuries are for pansies when in fact people have real injuries that keep them from shredding and it is definitely frustrating to hear people like train act like injuries are for weak ones that cant ride through pain. I guess it only takes one negative comment to ruin a good vibe. Sorry train you just kinda ruined a good shred vibe. Whatev its cool, just go ride and maybe you will bring back some better more positive vibrations. Shred on shredders!
Old     (toddjones320)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-25-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
couldnt have said it better jakob, you the man
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-25-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
wow. just wow. I did not think I was being a d**k when I wrote what I did. I did not think it was going to be taken so personal by those who wrote it either. sorry to offend so many.

whatever Jakob, Todd, and whoever else "called me out".
I guess I will have to go back to my pathetic life in So Cal with my beautiful home, wife, child and dogs, and I will tuck my tail between my legs and never come back to WW.
so sorry to offend.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-25-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
flowerpuff...
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-25-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
I think a few things got blown out of proportion here. Train, we all ride slingshot do you forgive us? lol.

and I spent a couple years in Ventura!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-25-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
I just want to know how baked your buddy was when he wrote that "little" diatribe?

I know what I plan to do with my "load of money" and boring desk job. Buy a shred-tastic wake boat and rip into the sunset with my shredding girl. Shortly followed up by lounging in my big house's post shred hot tub with aforementioned shredding girl.
Old     (210hippy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-25-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
Big 10-4 on that, Whyte.
Old     (toddjones320)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-25-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
im done with with this bologne, you wont see me on this forum ever again. peace.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-25-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
my daily life, in a nut shell

Born to Ride, Shred till you DIE!!!!!!!! Hell yes...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-08-2009, 12:35 PM Reply   
"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you are still retarded."

Anyway, Todd I liked your bro's declaration. That was refreshing for sure. Props to him, and I am most grateful for continuing my shreducation through injury, fluctuating gas prices, bad weather, some of the sickest and not so sick rigs, and all the elements that we call wakeboarding. It's not only about riding, it's about spreading the love and keeping it alive through bromance. Action sports is the counter culture to mainstream sports. We are the only athletes to have individual style and a fashionable rest that separates us from the typical norm. It doesn't matter who you are, where you're from, or what you do for a living... when you are part of a community of passionate enthusiasts that live for the simplicity of a sophisticated; yet brand fresh, way of life such as wakeboarding you become your own brilliance of the gnarliest kind.

Much love from The Bayou.