Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-25-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
Does anyone use a PA system in connection with their tower speakers? If so, is there a switch so the hand mic somehow attenuates the stereo down while you are talking?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       01-25-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
I had started to plan out a system for doing it. Using an Sony XA-39 or something as a switching box, then I found a 12 volt mic mixer box that would have worked. Shouldn't be too hard to rig something up. If you use the mic switch to control everything it would be very clean.
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-25-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
I know infinti or someone had an integrated one with their tower speakers, but I don't plan on replacing my speakers...
Old     (meds25)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-25-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Infinity 6100M's have two dials on the mic. One to turn the music up and down, the other for the mic volume. It works well.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-25-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
When you press the mic talk button on the Infinity 6100 it auto mutes the stereo while talking.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       01-26-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
We use one of these. Works great!

Upload
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-26-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
I used a mic that I got at Radio Shack. The line level is too low, so you can get a small booster, also at radio shack. Then I ran that out of that and into my MP3 jack. It works great except I have to have it in aux mode and not have the music on. It really doesn't bother me because I don't have have music on when I'm working with my daughters.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-26-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
9.99 megaphone from Kragens works great for letting people know about power turns and cutting you off! Plus it helps with instruction for newer riders.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-26-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
We have a mixer and microphone that we use with our tower speakers. The mixer is an older Radio Shack model that runs off a pack of AA batteries. I install it between the head unit and the amp for the tower speakers. It is easy to adjust the volume of the microphone / music.

It works pretty good, but I end up fighting with my son about it and usually ban it from the boat because he annoys the crap out of me with it......
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-27-2007, 5:52 AM Reply   
Rod,
I have the same problem. Drunk friends and a microphone can lead to embarassment. They sing, yell at fishermen etc.. Then they go home and people only remember my boat.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-29-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
Bazooka just came out with a black box that goes between the head unit and amp (all RCA connectors) that includes a mic and allows you to talk through your tower speakers, I think about $60, it should be on the market by spring. I only saw a press release a month or so ago and remember it so don't know much more but thouth it was a cool idea for the $$$
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-30-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
I know the guys at SAS and here is the skinny on this product (do not ask me for any details as
this is all I know):

Marine/Mobile Microphone PA/Mixer

Easily talk with skiers, wakeboarders, or other boats with the click of a button!

Features:

1. Four channel music input (FL/FR/RL/RR).

2. 3.5ø auxiliary MP3 mini jack input.

3. Auto input select when auxiliary input is detected.

4. Microphone voice input.

5. Mute or Mix music with voice over functionality.

5. Independent Music volume controls.

6. Independent Voice volume controls.

7. Auto memorize Music and Voice volume settings when status changes.

8. Available in Black (MPA1000B) and White (MPA1000W)

INCLUDES: Auxiliary input for MP3 and other portable audio devices.

MSRP will be $129.99 and available March 2007.
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-31-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
Monster Tower- exactly what I am looking for. Thanks- I'll keep a look out for a srping-time release...
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-31-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
BTW, SAS is Bazooka (same company)