Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       02-08-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
I am looking into a new board for the 06 season. Im looking for something with straight up vertical pop, good tracking, and pretty fast.
Im kinda stuck in between the 06 absolute platinum, new gator gflow and the LF shane....
What do you guys suggest?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-08-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
The CWB Pure or Flame might meet your speed needs. The Absolute acomplishes everything except for the "fast" part. The Flame and Pure are the previous Absolute, which in my opinion is faster with just as much pop. I would say the new Absolute tracks slighly better though.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-08-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
go with the shane
I was riding the subjekt for 3 years and went with the Watson this year for some stupid reason. I tried it out once and didn't like the tracking or the feel to the board. So i went with the shane which i should have done in the first place. The Shane tracks better, is faster and has more pop, than the subjekt but it still has that loose feel and quick release off the wake when you want it. The Shane is going to be very popular this season in my opinion.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-08-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
The G-Flow is very cool, but it wont be out for a while...

Militant 140 is an awesome board that Id recommend for you. Good pop, Holds well on edge and flat, very wise tips for good pop.

By the way, how do you like the Caddy your on now?

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-08-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   
Now you just need an opinion from someone that has ridden all of them.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-08-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
J-ROD, that would be nice...

The G-flow looks like it wold have more distance pop, but they still havnt come in, I just got to see a prototype.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakebardOklahoma.COM
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-09-2006, 6:16 AM Reply   
if you want a board with straight vertical pop go with the transcend or plat transcend. the g flow is extremly loose unless your on its edge because its flat on the bottom.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-09-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
Ya I think the Trancend has the most vertical pop as well and with the new speedbase its a faster board as well. You cant go wrong with the Absolute either great board great pop, but not real fast IMO. Go out and demo the boards you are thinkin about, thats the best way to find out whats best for youre riding style. Jrod is right on like he always is with the older absolute shapes being faster than the newer molds, and having the same great pop.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-09-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
I've ridden the shane. I haven't ridden the other boards you mentioned but I would recomend the shane. I did the same thing that william did bought the watson, didn't like it and took it back for the shane. I know the shane is the best board I have ever ridden...by far.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       02-09-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
Dannny T - I love my caddy right now, its a very underrated board. All my friends that ride hyperlites and older LF's love the pop on it and the soft landings. It was the first board I learned on and I still love it, Im just looking into something ultralight and a little bit faster. G-flow probobally is out of the question because I believe they are gonna be making it a 140 or somethin and Im looking at the 134-136 range
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-09-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Did you see the 135 caddy?

New shape for this year...

We still havnt got one in, but I would love to see one and ride it...

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       02-11-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
I think I knocked out the gflow unless they produce it in a 135, any input on which board I should choose? Shane or 05 Absolute?
Old     (wakebo2169)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-11-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
I bought a shane on thursday, the 140...and i love it....rode it for the first time on friday for 2 long sets. amazing pop, great speed into the wake....had to get used to edging on my toeside edge but after that hit all my spins with relative ease...great release off the wake....would def recommend this board.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-11-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
You could find an 05 Absolute Platinum for pretty cheap this time of year. It nearly identical to the 06 shape and is a sick ride. Real vertical pop.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-11-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
If you want a straight up pop then I would go with a Absoulte rather then the shane. The absoulte has a nice smooth straight up wake to wake pop. Now for the shane its a very fast board and has more of a distance pop where you go out further then up. Now if you want the best of both worlds the PS3 is a super fast board with a strait up pop. hehe had to throw that one in.