Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    sonney            06-18-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
I have a 95 sunsetter that i bought new that has the muliti colored stripes in the interior, they are blue,grey an black. The issue is that all the blue is cracking like crazy all over the boat. While the black an grey are fine. I thought it might be the sun, but seems that the black should have gone first. It started last year and got worst this year. Has any one else seen this happening in there boat. Just tring to figure out why this happening. The boat only has 390 hrs. and stay coverd when not being used. Thanks for any help head of time.
picture of the engine cover
Old    leggester            06-18-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
It happens. Some colors seem to be effected more than others. Maybe due to the dye used.

Possibly you've used Armor All also? It's bad stuff on vinyl.

What, if you remember, was the weight of the vinyl?

Old    sonney            06-18-2003, 2:15 PM Reply   
No armor all it got my first ski boat, I learn the hard way. I use 303 on the interior.Some one said it was probely from sun tan oil. The cracks are where people lean against or lay on. I have also heard that the dye might be the problem too. Other then the vinyl cracking it has beed a great boat. just looks bad on the inside. I thought that the 303 product would prevented this from happening.
thanks for the reply.
Old    leggester            06-18-2003, 2:29 PM Reply   
Only for awhile. I'd guess vinyl to be about an 8 year product if you're extremely anal with it.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-19-2003, 12:50 AM Reply   
this is a good time for everyone to post how old their interior is and how well it is holding up, since we have had the engine hours post so many times, id say 8 years is nearing its life expectancy, nothing lives forever. Mine is only a 2001 but it is still doing good, just in need of a severe scrub down