Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-26-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
Does anybody own these bindings? Thoughts? I have to give a huge thanks to Hyperlite for replacing (via warranty) my 2008 Murray bindings. I was pumped to get some these new ones last week, but after riding in them for the first time last weekend, I was a bit disappointed.

The footbed has a HUGE arch in it. It was very painful on my foot. I am wondering if it this break in, but right now it doesn't seem like it will get much better unless you have a really high arch.

The other thing I was surprised about was the lack of high ankle support like the '08's had. The '08's seem to fit much higher and had more support at the top.

Anyway, it's hard to complain about a company taking care of your broken gear but I was curious as to some alternatives since the '09's aren't doing the trick.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
I rode them for lessons via TCWake for 3 days, only felt the high arch for the first day, then it settled in. I didnt think they had less support than my 08 Watson CT. I thought the lace system was easier than the Watson and the free end stayed put when attached
Old    110outlet            05-26-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
How is the size of the 09s vs the 08s? I rode a pair of 08s size 9 with the insert and they were a bit big, im looking to go to the size 8 this year. Any other info would be great, Thanks
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-26-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
We have heard that the arch is a little high for some people, but I have a solution for you. Please feel free to email me at coreym@hosports.com and I will send you some inserts and instructions on how to make the arch level out a little bit.

As for the sizing, this years sizes are little more true to size than last years. If you are a 9 you are more than likely a 9. You will see when you try them on. Please feel free to call or email me @ Hyperlite. Thanks.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-27-2009, 4:36 AM Reply   
I have flat feet and didn't notice the arch at all. The o8's fit more like a glove than the 09's, but I feel the support is as good as any binding I have had.

The only thing I thought was a little weird is that I jammed my pinky toe into the side like sometimes happen on ot bindings. I think this may be due to the toe area being a bit more roomy.

These fit snug , a 9 is a 9. I wore 9 last year and this year.

the high ankle support is there imo , although no j bars the binding does not move near as much from the baseplate as the 08's did

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on May 27, 2009)
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-27-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replies. I just sent you an email Corey. I'm not a big fan of the '09's yet but maybe with some mods they will get better. I don't really want to go thru the hassle of selling them and finding new ones.

-Thanks