Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
So last year I rode the Transcend Platy and LOVED it! For 09 they changed up the shape a little, and even thogh I like it...Its not the same. I was thinking about going back to the Marius cause I rode that for 3 seasons and like it as well, But on a tip from a CWB pro I tried the Pure, and HOLY crap!! I love this board! It has great pop and a nice loose ride but locks in on edge. So if you are looking for a new deck dont count out the Pure!
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-21-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
YEAH!!!!
My favorite board to recommend to all the guys who ask me, def. gets overlooked.

I'm gonna add: Super soft landings too!

This is my friend B, on the pure:

Upload
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-21-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
isn't the pure based off the absolute?
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
Its a 2004 Absolute shape., but its nothing like to current shape..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-21-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
Great shape, I rode it as the 03 and 04 absolute.

Shon....you're ditching the Transcend eh? I added the small plati fins and I'm loving it now. Finless...it was definitely giving me some problems.

Funny how the new shape captured some of the former Marius riders, and lost some of the earlier transcend riders.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2009, 10:19 PM Reply   
Not 100% sure if I will ditch the Transcend, but I am guna ride the pure for a bit and see how it fits..Mabye I will take a set with the small fins and see how it works...
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       05-22-2009, 6:23 AM Reply   
My son is demoing a Pure and the new Kink this weekend. Any thoughts on the Pure vs Kink - he's been riding for about 2-3 years but is low intermediate skill level - just a wake jumper right now. He's 15, 120 lbs and I was hoping to get a board he could progress on. Trying the 134 for both.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-22-2009, 7:16 AM Reply   
I've had no expereince with the kink since they redesigned it. It used to be nearly identical to the Pure. Now it has that cool new sliding fin system.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       05-22-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
Me either. Once rode the old Kink. The two (Pure & Kink) still seem very similar (same dimensions, rocker) but Kink has no center fin and looks like it would have a looser ride. I am thinking the adjustable fins will help as I can move them as he progresses (even keep TS back & move HS up as he progresses on each edge).
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-22-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
I rode the Pure back in '06. I loved how fast that board was. Definitely one of overlooked boards in the line.