Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (cpetersen)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-13-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
i'm having a real hard decision on which to buy here. anyone have any opinions on which would be the better purchase?
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-13-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
I have owned both. I returned my cell after one day, and now I have 3DS. They are great!!! The best binding I have ever tried.
Old     (harris)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-13-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
yo i just got the 3DS and they r Ballin. if you like a stiff boot these are great. you should also try em before you get em to get the feel if you can. don't know much about the Cells but ive heard nothin but good things about the Ronix line.
Old     (protag)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2007, 2:31 AM Reply   
Don't know anything about the 3DS, but I love my Cells. Extremely comfortable and great support. You will definitely like them.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-14-2007, 4:42 AM Reply   
i've owned both, and both are good boots in my opinion. I had the '06 3ds's...they are comfy. the cells are even more comfortable. both had good support. The cells are good in cold water...your hands will get cold wayyyy before your feet. however, both fell apart on me, but both were warrantied. i'm reallly hard on my stuff though (i'm on my 3rd board & my 5th pair of bindings for this season). imo, i would go with the Cells.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
Wakeside hooked me up with the '08 Cells on warranty when returning my '07 One bindings. I hadn't rode the 3DS bindings but I can tell you the Cells are super comfortable and very stiff, which I like. They look sick too.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-14-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
I love my Cells especially after Wakesports heat-fitted them to my feet. I would recomend them, but try them both on at your local shop.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-14-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
It took me 2 months to break my 06 3ds boots the first time, 4 months of riding time the second time, and I then tried the cells and I broke them in 1 week. I now am riding the watsons for the past month.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-14-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
1boarder_kevin, you're on the exact same path as me. if you don't like the watsons then go to the obrien xenon's next. they are my top choice of all of them.
Old     (cpetersen)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
yo, i wear a size 12 shoe. what size binding should i get? (for the ronix cells) i would go to a dealer that sells them but its 3 hours away, so im gonna have to order them.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-14-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Just make sure you buy the boots from a shop that will take care of you when they break (not if, but when). I have nothing but good things to say about wakeside. They are on the other side of the US and they get my warranty taken care of fast.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       09-14-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
thewakehouse.com is also good. I've never had much luck with a pair of binding lasting more than a season, if they make the season. I guess I shouldn't crash as much.
Old     (protag)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2007, 5:16 AM Reply   
Cary, I normally have a size 10.5 to 11 and got the Cells in size 11. They fit perfectly. So in this case no need to go to one size higher or lower than your regular size.