Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    kel_bel11            06-23-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
Just bought a ski boat but it doesnt have a ski tower, just a ski pylon...Do you need the tower in order to wakeboard or can you just use the bar?
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-23-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
a tower or a high pole will help a lot, just think about it, when you jump the pull of the rope on a ski pole will pole the rope down resulting in a downward pull on you, if you have a tower then the rope will be up high and enable you to jump higher
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
You can learn tons of tricks and have all the fun in the world without a tower. Many of us on this board learned to wakeboard and even do inverts before towers and high poles were in use. Early wakeboard tournaments didnt even allow towers.
Just get out and have fun.

Old    ilovetrains            06-24-2004, 6:48 PM Reply   
Not to argue with Troy - but I learned on a boat without a tower. I am recreational boarder (I suck, no tricks) but after using a tower one time I would never go back. FYI - I love my Monster Tower.
Old    nautiqueboarder            06-24-2004, 7:01 PM Reply   

www.airboom.com got a 3-D tower for 2k 11 colors to choose from. Love the tower and the optional racks that you can get that only work with this tower. put it on ski nautique. Wouldnt change it for anything. Helps pull rookie riders out of the water easier too. (rope angle)