Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-28-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
Thought I'd share my winter project. After adding Exile SXT65's & the Harpoon amp towards the end of last season I decided to replace the old Kicker amps with Exile amps. I'm now running three amps, Xi800.4 for the six Polk MoMo's in the cabin, Xi1500.1 for the Exile 12" sub and of course the Harpoon for the towers. I also decided to make an electronics panel to consolidate everything in one spot and make it easier on me.

I started by glueing hardwood strips to the hull for the amp boards and then replacing carpet. I then made the amp boards out of Alucabond, cutting out a large space below each amp location to aid in cooling. I also added studs for installing instead of screws, much easier!

I made an electronics panel out of the Alucabond to mount all the electronic gear and secured all of that stuff, wired it all up and cleaned up all of the factory mess. I added a few other things as well like an onboard charger, Deka 31 agm stereo battery, dedicated ipod charging and speaker volume control. Not completely done but real close.
Attached Images

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-28-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
Looks great nice clean install
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-28-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
Looks great and a lot cleaner than some of the "professional" installs I've seen.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-30-2011, 9:27 PM Reply   
Razzman - Nice clean installation. I guess the million dollar question is how does it sound with the amplifier upgrades? was it all worth it? Sure hope you don't say hell no! But I had to ask...

Let me know if you need any help with tunning the new setup.

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-30-2011, 9:36 PM Reply   
Wow, very clean and nice. Looks great!
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-31-2011, 6:33 AM Reply   
Brian, hell yeah it was worth it! Even with all of the scrapes, cuts, stiff necks and itchy fiberglass! Sounds super clean and clear, well worth the upgrade imo and i couldn't be happier. I'll take you up on that tuning assist.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-31-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Looks good! Almost like you've done this before!