Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bojik)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-09-2011, 2:06 PM Reply   
Meet Kevin and his wife. Nice people. Have a couple of meetings before I leave town(st louis), then the 18hr drive home.
I am at st louis lake and it is restricted on size and hp. Anyone know of a lake in western st louis where I could put in this afternoon so I can start playing with the wake?
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-09-2011, 4:46 PM Reply   
I live in west St. Louis, and I don't know of any. As you discovered Lake Saint Louis has strict size limits and doesn't allow any ballast. Creve Coeur Lake doesn't allow motorized boats except for special events (the one time I rode there was the best riding ever). Other than that, you've got the rivers Meramac, Mississippi, and Missouri, but I haven't personally ridden on any of them. For lakes you have to go east of St. Louis into Illinois.

I'm newish to both St. Louis and wakeboarding, so I'd love to find out that I'm wrong. Definitely let me know if you find anything.
Old     (bojik)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-11-2011, 6:43 AM Reply   
Traveling west on I70 from Kansas city to Denver. Anyone know of any lake close to I70 where I can put the boat in?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-11-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
Clinton lake in Lawrence, KS wouldn't be bu 30 min or so off the highway I think.
Old     (jkgriner)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-11-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
Manhattan is past Lawrence, but there's a couple lakes around here
Old     (bojik)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-12-2011, 2:45 PM Reply   
Stopped by a lake in Kansas yesterday and played with the ballast for about 3 hours. I think I got it pretty figured out. Any suggestions for threads or websites that would help with dialing in the ballast and wake plate?
See new thread New boat decision help needed - Part 2 - Mods!