Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
last saturday me and my friends were wakin at my grandparents on the river for my birthday. We came in for lunch and i was walking down these brick steps to go to their paitio and tripped. any way, in the process i ripped my toenail all the way out. has anyone ever had this happen? do yall think it'll grow back? and it really sucks cause the next morning we got up early and wakeboarded to church, the river was absolutly mirror-like by the way, but i couldnt because of the dang toenail being out. but it was still fun.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-29-2004, 6:32 AM Reply   
Of course it will grow back. My old man ripped off the tip of his finger in a farm accident and the nail is trying to grow back on his nub.

"wakeboarded to church"; for real? That's pretty sweet. Do you just go with flops on and a tee shirt or do you full-on change into your Sunday best?
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-29-2004, 7:08 AM Reply   
nah, we just threw on a polo over our boardshorts and went.
Old     (above_the_levee)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-29-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
PROPS MAN.....you've got to throw down props to anyone who will take time out of a glassy session to give thanks to the one who made it all for us...PROPS....
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-29-2004, 10:59 PM Reply   
I had my big toenail ripped off a few years back. Make darn sure to keep it clean and do not let it get infected. The skin under the toenail is very thin and if infection sets in you can be in big trouble. It will take a few months to get a good thick nail regrown.
Old    essy            08-30-2004, 3:35 AM Reply   
I had mine cracked about three weeks ago from a soccer game. The toenail didn't come off completely, just barely sitting on the toe (yeah, i'm a whimp and didn't pull it out). I went boarding the next day with bandages and saran wrap around the big toe...tho the salt water and landing from jumps didn't help much....
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-31-2004, 10:05 PM Reply   
yeah, we just started The Purpose Driven Life as a church family so we couldnt miss out on Sunday School for that.It was awesome going wakin that early in the day, we had never been out that early before. The fishermen werent too happy to say the least, i think there was a tournament or something though. anyway, this isnt really wake related so i kind of started a thread about it in the non-wake forum just now. but 40 Days of Purpose has been awesome so far.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       09-01-2004, 7:44 AM Reply   
Fishermen are never happy with us when we go by and make their boat rock a little bit. But then who is it that most likely will ruin your morning session on glass, fishermen ripping across the lake like they are the only ones out there. They have tournaments on our lake about 3 days a week. I have to say some of them are cool and if you have a hard fall by them or something they give you a thumbs up and all that. But there are always the ones out there that don't want to share the lake. We had a couple move right into our line just to be jerks about it. Anywayz, now that I have gooten way off the subject it is defintely cool that you went before church. I wish I could get up early enough to go to church let alone go wakeboarding before church.