Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    rattler            03-10-2005, 2:46 PM Reply   
Hi Guys I asked a question earlier about board sizes and now I am looking to get either a Vision 135(bit small for me 190lbs) or the player 138.
Which of these is the better board, or is it just down to personal preference.
I really like the look of the vision, but the player is slightly more expensive, I am guessing that makes it a better board.
Any Advice?

Steve
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-10-2005, 3:39 PM Reply   
i think the vision is faster and looser. The player had good pop but I went with the vision. You should think about the demented, thats what I ride now.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-10-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
Dude if you really want to go for a board - demo the Valhalla 138 or 143. You will not regret it!
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-10-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
Steve-
Where you located?

If in Nor-Cal can help you out
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
Those are two very different boards:

Vision is continuous rocker with 2 bolt on fins at each end. The vision will be faster with a less aggressive pop.

Player is 3 stage rocker with 1 bolt on center fine and 4 molded in fins at each end.
The player will be slower with a more aggressive pop.

As was stated by some others, you should also check out the Demented and Valhalla. Both these boards have a Progressive Rocker which is a combination of continuous and 3 three stage. You get the speed of continuous with the pop of 3 stage, it's the best of both worlds.

The Player being more expensive doesn't make it a better board, it is bigger so maybe it just costs more to make it(more material)??

Try before you buy!!

jjakober
Old    dementedchick            03-11-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
Steve, I've tried out the Player and found it to be a little slow and not really the style of board I was looking for. I now have the Demented 131 and love it. It's fast, w/ a lot of pop and lose on the surface for surface tricks. You should definitely demo a few of O'briens boards to see what you like best. I strongly suggest the Demented... :-)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-11-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
Steve I ride the player. It is hands down the best board I have ever ridin'. Get one throw the fins away and let er rip!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-11-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
Steve if you are in Socal, I am sponsored by obrien and have som decks that you can demo, including the Valhalla.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-11-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
also i have a 2005 model 142 that I would be willing to sell
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-11-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
Wow andy you are going huge in your profile pic. My Player must have been broken because it would never do that for me.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-11-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
I started off on a Vision and I love that board. It is a very smooth board. Do be honest I like it better than my Absolute, but It is probably just my riding style. I bought a Tement last year, sold the Absolute, and kept the Vision for the people on the boat that don't own boards.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-11-2005, 11:24 PM Reply   
Blain, you just gotta lay that toeside edge down like you mean it. I am doing an elephant in that pic, that's a fun trick to throw huge.

(Message edited by andy nintzel on March 11, 2005)