Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
We will be there this afternoon....pics to follow this evening.

Anyone going today?

E.J.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-04-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
Would you mind taking pics of the interior of the Supra 21V that they have there? I heard there is one there the similar to how I ordered my interior. I would love to see how it will look. I think the outside has some purple in it, but the inside is sandrock and fossil... No big deal if not, but would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 10:41 AM Reply   
I'm on it.....

E.J.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
Okay....here we go....

Start off with Monson and an old school skurfer/wakeboard....and Diggs pics....

21 V....49.7........

E.J.

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
Malibu and Croft....

Yep...had to show a close up to make sure it was really a "boat show price" of 59 K on the VLX....

Last 2 are a V-ride.... No listed price on it...

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
Yep....Sanger wins the price war again....

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
Utah Watersports and the Mastercrafts....

Love the metal flake....and the boardracks....

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 8:01 PM Reply   
The rest of the Skiers Choice line-up... 22V...24V(love the layout) and the XLV....

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
Of course I am biased, but I saved the best for last.... Though I had lost intrest in shooting photos and just wanted to visit with the best dealer/shop and guys in the Utah boating game...

But the Correct Craft and Tige run....

....Oh yea....and I am an old Cobalt guy....so a few of those as well...

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
Forgot... The Centurion pimping.... Good stuff...and if they would get rid of the Mercruisers, I would be a Centurion fan....

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
Okay...and the only purchase was the best boardshorts EVER!!!

...and I'm too young to even be a Kiss fan...

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2005, 8:22 PM Reply   
....That's a wrap....
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-04-2005, 10:38 PM Reply   
OK, who makes the KISS boardshorts.........I need a pair. I have the ORIGINAL KISS MAGAZINE printed in REAL BLOOD......lol..(but i do) circa 1977 for you youngsters........nice pics, the wheels on the centurion would last about 2 trips to the lake around here........
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-05-2005, 1:07 AM Reply   
Hey E.J. Thanks for the pics. It is much appreciated. How did the 21V interior look?? Is it as dark as the pictures show it to be? I did that interior with black piping.... Hoping it is not to dark... oh well.. looks sharp..
Looks like you ended the boat show the same way we ended ours... a couple cold ones...
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-05-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
Thanks for the pics EJ!

Does that say Tige 24VR? I've never seen that. The website doesn't list that either. It follows a pic of a larger interior boat with a walkthrough. Is that a Tige option?
Old     (jansen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-05-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
talltigeguy, I think the R stands for riders graphics.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
EJ, great job. Thanks for all the pics!!! My impressions from what you posted (and understand these are from a biased Nautique owner):

-can't believe the pricing on the Malibu, $59-69k?!?! Ouch!! Even the 210 Nauty seems steep for "boat show pricing", but looks like a bargain next to the 'bu. Though I will say that the illusion tower (I think that's what it's called) is finally starting to grow on me, and i do like Malibu's color designe. Definitely don't $59-69k like it though.

-screaming deal is the Sanger V-210. I always said that if I hadn't gotten such a great deal on my Nauty, I would've bought one. That boat puts out a great wake, comparable to the Nauty, and the pricing makes it a bargain, comparatively. Two V-210's for the price of an LSV, with enough dough left over for a few boards!

-first impression on Supra V-Drive...I kind of dig the rear facing seat behind the driver's seat. Great for facing the rider, or just kicking up your feet while cruising. Malibu obviously did something similar with the XTI, but in a v-drive, it still keeps everyone together in the same general area, which is nice.

Again, great job. Those KISS shorts are off the hizzy...
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-05-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone....

Yep....R is for Riders package. No walkthrough, that photo is a Nautique.

http://dragonflyclothing.com makes the shorts... I am looking at their website right now.

Agree Tommy...that Supra 24V has great seating.

E.J.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-05-2005, 3:52 PM Reply   
Anything from Hydroswift and there "Epic" inboard boats? They were at the NOR*CAL boat show last year w/ a prototype boat and then I never have heard anything else?

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-05-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
Yea....Hydroswift had their inboard there, but I didn't snap any photos. I have seen one out on the water around here...but no word one way or the other about the boat.

I know Hydroswift has a very good name around here.

E.J.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-05-2005, 9:51 PM Reply   
Do you know if they ended up w/ the PureVert ballast system? I heard that they were going to use Calabria's system in there boat..... I think it's basically the old Toyota hull..but that's just what was going around by looking at pics...

Yeah..I've heard good things about Hydroswift and I have a buddy w/ one. It was a nice ride. Maybe they'll be at the Boise boat show next weekend??
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-06-2005, 5:34 PM Reply   
Dragonflyclothing here I come! Yeah, I have the greatest hits CD and painted my face at a concert once.
Old    zboomer            02-07-2005, 5:41 AM Reply   
Wow, I don't consider those boat-show prices at all. You would be off your rocker to pay most of those prices I see here. You can get better deals than that in June, the heart of the boating season. $1000 off total on the Supra's is a joke, and those are sky-high on the Malibus.

I have an '05 VLX on order, and suffice it to say I paid MUCH less for a loaded boat, and I didn't even get it at the boat show. Unfortunately I can't read the sticker on the VLX above. I guess if it had the Vette engine, tons of stereo mods, and every option available, but that's still too high.

Wow.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-07-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
Welcome to Utah inboard prices.... Bought my SAN for less than "final offers" on similarly equipped X-2(maybe should be close, but not thousands more) and VLX(are you kidding me??)...how often does that happen.

I didn't even price the SSV when I was buying, but did talk at the boat show last year... They were about 5 K more than the average price you hear on WW.

Guess if people will pay it....why not charge it...

E.J.
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-07-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
Loved the boat show, went on Saturday! Unfortunately, the only thing on my mind is upgrading to a bonified wakeboard boat. It's like, if I don't see it, then I don't know what I'm missing. The boat show crushed that theory. I know everyone's likely biased, but what is y'alls take on an "intro" wakeboard boat. I'm probably already leaning toward the Mastercraft X2, X10, and Nautiques. Money is always an issue.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-07-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
I wouldnt call a X-2/X-10/Nautique an 'Into' boat. I'd call those %100 absolute full on wakeboard boats.

I've been boat shoping for the last year and here is a quick list in $$ order from cheapest acceptable wakeboard boat to most expensive (priced with the options I wanted). There are other boats out there, these are just the ones that ended up on my final cut list.

Moomba LSV (or Mobious LSV) $38K
Sanger v215/Supra 21V $42K
Malibu VLX $50K
SANTE/X-anything $59K
- NOTE - The Mastercraft and Natiques were out of my price range so I didnt price each model out like I did the other boats.

for my money, I liked the Sanger v215 and the Supra 21v.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-07-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
Brad….I could go on and on about this. Obviously I am a big fan of Taylor’s(2nd boat with them)….and so I would start there. Jim, Kenny, Dan, Darren, Taylor, Ilene….I could go down the list….all great people to deal with. The 22 and 24 V’s are reportedly great boats, I have not been on the water in either….so cannot really comment on their rides/wake. I bought a Nautique and have nothing but good things to say about them. Don’t think you could go wrong with a 210, but depending on how much room you want….it may or may not work. Not exactly a boat that you want to be taking out 8-10 people in…. 6 people and gear is about right IMO. They have bigger boats, but I don’t know a thing about them.

On my boat search I only looked at the VLX, X2 and SAN(all great boats). I really like Eric at Utah Watersports(am not 100% positive he is still there), but they could not come close to the deal Taylor’s gave me….so that was that.

Centurion and Sanger use Mercruiser power plants and I would never get an inboard with a Mercruiser….so take that for what it is worth. Obviously that is just an opinion and many people have never had a problem.

E.J.
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-07-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
Diggs (tyler97217) here is a link where I have a pic of my 21v w/ the black stripping.

http://www.wakepics.com/media/000_0276.jpg

And also in that pic, they went w/ a Tan looking interior(or maybe thats the lighting) instead of the gray. The pic of my interior was taken on a pretty cloudy day. Hope that helps!!!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-08-2005, 6:20 AM Reply   
Thanks SupraSteve....
I should see mine around the end of March...
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-08-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input EJ and Chris. Not sure if I can pull it off this year but after the boat show I've done nothing but stew over how to make it happen. I'll definately go check out the Taylor Boats folks when I'm ready.

It's true that I'll take my skills to the next level ONLY by buying a new wakeboard boat, right?
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-08-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
If thats what it takes to help yourself get one.. Yep. Its impossible to improve and have fun w/o owning a wakeboard boat

Something to remember, is that new boats can often be financed over 12 years. That makes a 50K boat payment around $500/month.

Im trying to buy my first boat now, and I want a v215. The boat payment is $450, Storage $100, insurance $100, Maint $100 (I plan on having to spend $1200 yearly so I add it into my budgeted monthly costs) and Gas (at 1 tank a week, and no $$ help from riders) was about $400/month. So to own and operate a boat I estimated about $1k/month. I know this is high, but better plan for worse case, instead of owning a boat and not being able to use it.

Good luck