Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-17-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
So i been woring with my tattoo guy for the last couple months. Saturday I finally got it and I love it, BUT now I have to wait close to three weeks till I can hit the water again.

How long do most people wait before they hit the water after a tattoo?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-17-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
I went the day after in the CA delta... I wouldn't do that!

Wait till it peels and starts healing.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-17-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
2-3 weeks. i got mine in the winter so i just used a dry suit the week i got it
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-17-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
ideally 2-3 weeks is best. I think I would have waited at least a month to go in the delta though.
you do need to share pics of your new tat though. kind of a rule around here if you bring it up.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-17-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
yeah going in the delta the day after was a bad idea..

I was jonesin to ride and had some friends on a sacked out x-star..

Sacrifices were made!
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-17-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
My bad, here you go. My grandma past away a few months ago! Her name was Lucy, its not some random girls name!Upload
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-17-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
sorry to hear about your grandmother. nice little tribute right there.

glad to know it was not a tribute to a gf. she would have been a little out of your age range.
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-17-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
hahahahaha, you be surprised at home many people say "O no is that your girls name" I only 27 come on! Yeah, i was going to have more work done, but this whole no water things making me push those plans back till winter!!!!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-17-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
I'm sure you could create some sort of waterproof cover with maybe a plastic trash bag and duct-tape if you really wanted to ride. Then maybe a heater top over the top to keep it all in place. More thought is needed than this if you try, just an idea.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-17-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
plastic bag with tape doesn't work.

I went out the day after I got mine in Conroe, tried to use a plastic bag and had no luck. just said screw it, and thankfully everything turned out alright!!

Upload
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-17-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
Just wait it out man. Aside from jacking up something you probably paid a good penny for, you'd be jacking up something that's going to be there FOREVER. That's why I got my new one back in January.

Looks good though.
Here's mine.

Upload
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-17-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
you should be fine to ride as long as you dont spend most of your time in the water. brief amounts of time wont hurt. its when you get your skin all waterlogged that the color starts to drain out. the only issue i can see you having is a jacket or whatever kind of top you wear rubbing on it. thats all bad and will cause scarring.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-17-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
here is this cool tattoo that I saw on this guy

Upload
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-17-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
One of the big things is to keep it out of the sun. Even after it is all healed you need to make sure you use lots of sun block as it will fade over time.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-17-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
Tim, sorry man, that is not a very good looking tattoo IMO
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-17-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
Stop bringing up the CAW tat, I wanna throw up every time I see it lol
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-17-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
here is another sweet one a friend got. Upload
Old    nwwakerider            04-18-2008, 1:00 AM Reply   
you guys have some great tattoos. my grandmother died several years ago from breast cancer and i was contemplating getting the pink ribbon for breast cancer and getting her name under it. my mother also had breast cancer as well and my aunt and both survived, my sister also has some breast cancer related issues, its a bad situation and it scares me even more because it is possible for men to get it.
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-18-2008, 6:01 AM Reply   
Erik, cancer plain out sucks! My best friends mother past away from breast cancer and that is why we do the ICE BREAKER " Crush the Ice for Life" each year. Just our way of remembering those who have pasted! I wish you and your sister luck!!
I really like your idea about the pink ribbion! Since its affected so much of your family maybe you could get "family Ties" since it deals more with your entire family. Just an idea!!!
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-18-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
Problem solved!!!!! DRY SUIT!!!!!
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-18-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
My mom went through breast cancer to Erik. Just remember God does everything for a reason, and there is always someone you can reach out to and comfort because of your experience!!
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-18-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
Tim your friends tattoo looks photoshopped or something?is it?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-18-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
those tats are the real deal man!
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-18-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
sick tatt anyway bro
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-18-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
damn, i love that firebreathing eagle bird. gotta get one like that.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2008, 11:08 PM Reply   
image/x-bmpUpload
untitled11.bmp (112.1 k)

yes those chops were real and now my hair is buzzed i look like a completely different person.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2008, 11:11 PM Reply   
Upload

hope this one works

yes those chops were real and now my hair is buzzed i look like a completely different person.
Old     (liquidforce512)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-19-2008, 11:44 PM Reply   
Here are a few of mine. The stomach is finally finished and it sucked!!! The pic is with my brother on a shasta camping trip. and here is another pic of my right arm.
Upload
Upload
Old     (liquidforce512)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-19-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
Here are a few of mine. The stomach is finally finished and it sucked!!! The pic is with my brother on a shasta camping trip. and here is another pic of my right arm.
Upload
Upload
Old     (liquidforce512)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-19-2008, 11:49 PM Reply   
On most of the tats I have gotten I went boarding a few days after the tatt. What I did was cake the tattoo with either aquaphor or a&d ointment to keep the water from getting to the tatt. Worked good. Just have to make sure you wipe off the A&D when you are done cause the sun will bake the hell out of you.
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-20-2008, 7:11 AM Reply   
Yeah, thanks that a great idea! Luckly a friend of mine has a dry suit and i just been rippin in that!
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       04-20-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
Josh Busby (joshbuzz)
"My mom went through breast cancer to Erik. Just remember God does everything for a reason, and there is always someone you can reach out to and comfort because of your experience!!"

Josh, there is no doubt in my mind about that. Without going through what I did with my mother and other family members, We would have never started the Ice Breaker. In addition to that, I just put on my first relay for life at Tri-State University where I just graduated from. That led to me just getting a position with the American Cancer Society as a community representive. If I had never gone through those trials, I would have never had the calling near as much to be able to do what I am doing today. The lord works in mysterious ways for sure. However, It defintely allowed me to take some great out of somthing tragic!
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-21-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
KRUPP ROCKS!

Nice riding sunday! I knee is killing me!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-21-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
Tim:
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-21-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
kevin , just curious , but what do you do? I know some guys with halve sleeves, b/c they have normal jobs and let's face it it's not very acceptable in alot of professions.

Tim I have a friends with a huge tatoo that says " what about me?" in old english...lol.
Old     (liquidforce512)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-21-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
Sam it is funny that you ask.... I am a corrections officer. For the past 3 years I ahve been able to wear short sleeves until last month. Got a new bible thumper in charge and feels me and 2 other people with tattoos need to cover them up now. But it is worth it. I love peoples reaction when they ask me what I do since most people think I am a person that looks like i am supposed to be on the other side of the bars. I have both arms done but dont have pictures of my left arm.
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-21-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
Sweet dude, my neighbor used to be a correction officer. He was 6'4" 280, mostly muscle. He had a few tattoos. He used to crack me up cause he had bright blonde hair and I can just picture him thumping some little punk a_s!!!

How long you been a corrections officer!?
Old     (liquidforce512)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-21-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
little over 3 years now. Its a pretty cool job. Most of the time its pretty chill. ONly thing that sucks is dealing with the crazy ass people that come from the state hospitals. If you are not paying attention with them they will just take a swing at you or try to kick you in the N@TS. Not fun dealing with them.