Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-09-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
Anyone know the steps to calibrate the wakeplate on a 07 Supra? The manual doesn't really say.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-09-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
Never mind, found it.
Old     (sunsport22v)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-09-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
It is in the 2007 manual. I had to calibrate mine once. It is hidden and hard to find. I just sold my supra so I don't have it handy or I would tell you where it is.
Old     (sunsport22v)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-09-2011, 6:48 PM Reply   
I just looked online at the manual. Check out pages 36 and 38 of the 2007 manual.

http://www.supraboats.com/library/do...wners_2007.pdf
Old     (sunsport22v)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-09-2011, 6:48 PM Reply   
Sorry just read where you found it!
Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-12-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
Don't have the manual to my 2001 Launch. Got wet. New to owning wakeboat. How much of a difference does the wake plate make? Does it just make the boat plane off better, or does it play a significant role in the wake? What changes to the position of the plate make what difference in the wake? I have the manual adjustable wake plate, so I would like to leave it in one position. Right now, it is parallel with the bottom of the boat. (straight out). Seems if I adjusted it up, it would obstruct the exhaust a little? Any help appreciated.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-12-2011, 5:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Ride View Post
Don't have the manual to my 2001 Launch. Got wet. New to owning wakeboat. How much of a difference does the wake plate make? Does it just make the boat plane off better, or does it play a significant role in the wake? What changes to the position of the plate make what difference in the wake? I have the manual adjustable wake plate, so I would like to leave it in one position. Right now, it is parallel with the bottom of the boat. (straight out). Seems if I adjusted it up, it would obstruct the exhaust a little? Any help appreciated.
50-100% down helps the boat plane quicker. 100% will smooth out the wake some at speed. All the way up will make the wake steeper. Play with it at wakeboarding speed and see what happens. I ride mine at 30% at 21mph. The wake is pretty steep and helps with pop off the top. I put it at 100% for my 9 year old girl so that she will not be launched into outer space when she pops.
Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-13-2011, 11:36 AM Reply   
So at 30%, it would be angled up a little bit, right? Been riding with it straight out. (like at 90 deg. If you know what I mean). For a steeper wake, I just lift it a little bit?
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-13-2011, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Ride View Post
So at 30%, it would be angled up a little bit, right? Been riding with it straight out. (like at 90 deg. If you know what I mean). For a steeper wake, I just lift it a little bit?
I looked on the Supra website for a manual. For some reason they don't have any 2001 manuals online. If you have a trim gauge, use that to determine the amount of trim applied at anytime. 0% would be completely up, causing the stern to be low in the water and the bow rise pretty high. This would give you the steepest wake possible for the boat. The wakeplate 100% down will put the bow riding lower causing the wake to smooth out. All the way up or all the way down is not going to be where you want to be. Play with it and look back at the wake. When you find it the way it looks good, strap on and shred. Figure out some sort of hand signal between the rider and driver so that you can adjust it while riding. It will take a second or two for the adjustment to show up where you are riding. If you want I can post pictures of what my wake looks like with and without ballast.

Last edited by Bumpass1; 08-13-2011 at 3:01 PM.
Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-13-2011, 8:18 PM Reply   
I have to adjust mine manually. No way to adjust while pulling. Will have to try a certain setting, stop, try a different setting, stop...and so on. I don't know if it is even possible to do in the water, with the platform in the way.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-14-2011, 5:47 AM Reply   
I didn't know it was manual. I didn't even know that was possible. That sucks.