Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (chrissocal)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-10-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
I have a 2000 Xstar and this past weekend I was getting her all shined up for my first trip of the season next weekend. I looked in the bildge area and noticed atleast an inch of tranny fluid. I then check the dipstick and got no reading at all. The boat hasn't been used since the middle of Feb. so I dont know if it was a slow leak or it dumped rapidly. Of course I'm going to the dealer but I was wonder if anyone else has ever encountered this type of problem. I felt under the housing and it was slimy in the area that the shaft comes out of the tranny. Is there some kind of seal that needs replacing from time to time. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-10-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
http://www.mymastercraft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3

This will give you some idea of what has happened. The output shaft seal needs to be replaced. We have added a live chat to www.mymastercraft.com if you want/need hit me there and I'll explain.