Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-12-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
Off da hook!!!! Had just too much fun. Great to hang with old friends Jared Couch (and his Mom & Dad, who are the coolest), Mike Schwenne, Mike Buckle, Chad Lowe, Derek Conway, Shawn Wilson, Fred Escalara, Pat Young, Cooper, Steve Hiltscher, Lindsey Stockton & more (sorry if I missed, still trying to recover). Met some new ones too (Kevin Bird, Shelby Kantor, Derek Cook, and...).

Want to say congrats to Jared Couch for running the show (nails), all of the event sponsors, especially Extreme Marine (Pat, Cooper, Travis & Tom) for one of the mackingest wakes in the history of all wakes ever from the big Malibu VLX (and for putting up with me for the last 4 days), all the volunteers (Fred & Todd behind the wheel, Kevin behind the mic, and whoever was responsible for the ridiculously delishious tri-tip sammys).

Also have to say congrats to all the riders who survived the "Deadliest Catch" conditions, especially the Women's division.

Big ups to everyone who help pull this off. I understand that between the sponsorships and the raffle you guys raked in a grip load of cheddar for the fight against cervical cancer. Right on!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-12-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, Marcus (from Chico state I think), killed it, ends his first run with a clean 313. Frist time I have ever seen anyone who does not make a living as a pro wakeboarder ride away from one of those.

I did not have a camera, anyone have pics to post?

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on May 12, 2008)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-12-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
I would agree, the weekend was off the hook! For a college club to put together an event of this magnitude, with the rippers that attended from all over, is incredible. The event had everything, killer food, killer riding, an amazing skate demo from the Esteem team, a climbing wall and everyone just having fun! CCAW knows how to put on an event!!! Watching the local news story was awesome, it truly adds a level of respectability for our sport. Kids coming together to have fun and raise a ton of money for a great cause. CCAW should go global.
Old     (wakekid11)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-12-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
definately agree. me and the rest of the guys from long beach had a great time, and im so glad we made it up for the weekend.

Rod you put on a great event, as well as the rest of the CCAW guys, it really showed what wakeboarding is all about.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-12-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
sup with some pictures, guys?
Old     (leave_it_to_beaver_weaver)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-12-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
Big thanks to CCAW. It was an awesome weekend and an amazing event. From the raffle prizes to the amount of riding, there was never a dull moment.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
who won? pics?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-12-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
Schwenne won Open, I believe Kyle Shipley won College Men & Shelby Kantar took College Women. I know there are lots of pictures, the official ones are kind of on lock with the Alliance article forthcoming.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-13-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
so who got 2nd, 3rd, etc
Old     (natemah)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-13-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
SCHWENNE TOOK 1ST
DEREK COOK 2ND
DEREK CONWAY 3RD
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-13-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
good job guys
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-13-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
Cameron Bence all the way from LeHigh University in Pennsylvania took 3rd in College Men! Julie Martinson (aka Lil Homie) took 2nd in College Women.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-13-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
...pics?
Old     (rediro2h)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-14-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
I had a blast this weekend. The event was a lot of fun and it was so good to see everyone again. I hadn't been back to SLO since August. Camping at the lake was a good change for this year, its always more fun when everyone's together. Congratulations to Rod on retiring as CCAW's President--may the legacy live forever!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-14-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
Hey there everyone...Pics are on the way!!! I just want to thank everyone for all the hard work that was put into the event! It truly was a sick time! Don't worry, pics are on the way!
Old     (natemah)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-14-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
GRADUWAKETION.COM PICS ARE UP!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-14-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
People asked for pics and now they are going to get way more than they wanted!! Big ups to Forrest Evans for the lens work.

http://www.ccawakeboarders.com/graduwaketion/media.do
Old     (morty)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-14-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
The entire weekend was awesome, there was some great riding, and there just a really positive vibe the whole time, camping out there with a live band was very cool. And Forest there are some great pictures in there, good work with the camera brotha!
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-15-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
I can't give enough praise for this past weekend. Jared Couch, Jill Cordova and Ryan Morris and the CCAW crew put on a crazy show for all of us out there. What's up Frew! It was great to see you in typical fashion, doing whatever you could to help out and cracking endless jokes. The riding was filthy good, from Marc Kistler of Chico State and his aforementioned 313 in the college division to Schwenne doing his thing in the open. It was great to meet Tony from Long Beach State, it looks like that organization is going to be one to watch for in the next couple of years. The same goes for Chico State with Marc at the helm and all the other colleges that brought the heat. It was a pleasure to be out there on the mic all weekend and starting shenanigans around the campfire at night. I can't wait to see you all again soon