Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    hpdvs            08-12-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
This year I'm going to be switching from the Premier to the Subject. My question is how diferent are the boards, I'm switching because I want a faster board. Which has more pop and will the Subject fell as loose as the Premier. Im mainly looking for a faster board thats real poppy but can be easily broken away. Also I will be using it for sliders. Any other boards suggestions are welcome also.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-12-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
HL is stronger on sliders, Subjekt is alot slower then Premier, Subjekt has alot more vertical pop then Premier, Subjekt will feel a little bit tighter on edge.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
I rode them both this year, hated the subjekt loved the premier. I even ended up buying the new premier
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-13-2004, 6:35 AM Reply   
im am riding the subjekt right now and love it. if any one says the subjekt is slower than the premier then they have never tried the subjekt . it isn't as fast as other boards out there but it accelerates quickly and is very loose also. the cupped fins work great and it is better for sliders since it doesn't have that jib base which is stickier and not as smooth as sliders.
Old    akman            08-13-2004, 7:24 AM Reply   
Try the Substance....in my opinion it is faster, looser, and has better pop than the premier.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-13-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
fast and poppy would be a parks, I don't know your skill level though. Your profile says you have a san, the tfd would work great on that steep wake. I ride the tfd behind a vlx and it is so smooth! I did ride the subjekt last year, but only remember that is was loose and poped very smooth like a continous board. Sorry but I don't remember how fast it was. What year premier is it, I thought the new ones(04's?) were supposed to be faster and "poppier"
Old    hpdvs            08-13-2004, 9:35 AM Reply   
Now it's a tie between the Subject, TFD, 04/05 Premier and Substance. I'm going to go demo all these boards, thanks for all the responses. If you want to add anything else feel free to.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-13-2004, 9:40 AM Reply   
Did you read the reviews on this site for the boards you are looking for?
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-13-2004, 10:12 AM Reply   
Another vote for the substance...... does everything well.
The Premier is very predictable, but heavy and slow. GRAMPS - It was actually YOUR old Premier that I tried.... They are both good, but I like the Substance better.
Old    akman            08-13-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
I broke my 02' Premier and picked up an 04', that thing was slow to me but faster than the 02' although they both made your arms feel like they were working too hard.

I like the Substance, it's fast, breaks lose easily, yet tracks when you want it to, and pops well.

I tried the Subjekt and got my azz handed to me.
Old    hpdvs            08-14-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the responses, I think im gonna get the 05 Substance. I don't really like the grpahics but oh well.