Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    jeff_h            08-01-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
Last night my family and I went out on the water. It was pure glass out there. I am used to cutting into the wake on my heelside but decided to jump toeside for the first time. as I went up the wake the board turned and cought the front edge. My back leg kept spinning and my front just stayed in one spot. I could barely get my bindings off in the water. I couldn't take them off the board because they do not have thumb screws. They are the Liquid Force Alpha bindings and are held on the board with regular screws. I got back into the boat after about ten minutes of trying to get my foot out of the binding and couldn't move it at all. So I went to the closest medical place and got x-rays taken and found out that I broke my ankle and will not be able to ride the rest of the year. The worst part of it is that I was supposed to go to the Liquid Force Trip across America tomorrow and go out in the boat with them, but since I can't get my cast wet, I have to watch from the side. Hopefully I can start again in September.
Old    wake10            08-01-2004, 5:14 PM Reply   
that sux just stay in the boat
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-01-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
watch from the boat...those guys are awesome even if you cant ride in their fully tricked out Super air. Bring a camera to. Those guys throw down like its a competition. Sorry to hear that though. I thought I was going to get hurt the day before the trip across america. Just butterflies, I sucked anyway bc I took like 3 falls trying to learn my consistent stuff. The wakes were big though and very fun time. There is always next year bro...plust you will be better then to show off your skillz/
Old    boardline23            08-02-2004, 6:27 PM Reply   
one word: Blows