Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-11-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
I've been trying to stick this move since May, approximately 8-9 attempts per set and about an average of 4 sets per week. I was starting to think that I wasn't going to get it this year, then on Saturday this is what happened. . .

Skiing made me board,
Lyl
Chrome Dome
Upload
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-11-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
Great Job Lyle! I read your thread on trick tips before, that is great to see you land that!!
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-11-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
careful, winch mob may be lurking around the corner
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-11-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
Oh yeah winch mob, Ha! That guy does not like Whirly Birds I forgot. I think I have pretty much done this trick every single way that you are not supposed to do it. Hopefully I can land it again, although it is getting hard to ride. It started snowing on Sunday.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-11-2007, 4:06 PM Reply   
Nice Lyle, Congrats!!!!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-11-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
Congrats! I'm sure that really got you pumped, especially after all the beatings you've taken getting this thing done. A very nice way to end the season...so what's the next trick on your list?
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       12-11-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
Lyle, it's funny to see you post, only because a few days ago I was looking through some old WBMs for to cure my taste for nostalgia, and I saw a reader's letter about some homemade wakeboards. The name was familiar...do you still have the spider? Presuming you are the same lyle?

Keep it up! Amazing work!
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-11-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
kickaZZ
Old     (maggiewss)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-12-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
trevor... hahahahahahahaha
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-12-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
Winch Mob"ey mayne baby boo da whirlys be hekka gayyy
i be in da trencheaaaz baby boo
eyyyyaaayyyeaaaaa yeay area!"
winch mobber" eyyyyeeaaaaaaayyeeeeeaaaaaa
da trenchezzz dats right baby boo,
don't diss me I had a picture in a magagazizine
eyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaa"

yes, that was entertaining.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-12-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
electric snow,
Man that was way back in the day. I still got the Spider, board #16. I am currently designing #38 which will be a new and improved version of the LF Watson.

As far as what trick is next, well I will probably work on getting the Whirly Bird a bit more dialed, then as crazy as it sounds I might play with the double back roll to revert, not sure if that is the right name. I tried one last summer and it really was not that bad, I only made it about 3/4 of the way around but it did not knock me into next week.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-12-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
that would be seriously badass if you were to land that. isn't parks the only one so far?

btw, any video of the trick?

(Message edited by deepstructure on December 12, 2007)
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-12-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
wakeboard mage dot com. search parks, its the second one, he does it at the double or nothing i think.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-13-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
Having a new home made board will help. I can usually knock about 3 lbs off the weight of them. I do have video of an attempt at one. Just never uploaded. Other people for sure have landed it. I don't consider myself an amazing rider by any means, and when I attempted one I suprised myself how far around I came. Think back in the day when the only person that could do a Raley was Shapiro and it was the most amazing trick at the time. But now many people can do them with ease. My question is: is a double backroll to revert incredibly difficult or have just not that many people tried them . . .

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-13-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
theres a good number of riders that can do them i think but there not very stylish and dont look good so not many do them often because they do not enjoy just flipping as fast as possible and hoping to land lol
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-13-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
there's a "good number" doing double-back rolls to revert? who? i can't think of many that are doing double back rolls (watkins - hs, sharpe - ts, nunn - hs).
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-20-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
congrats on the whirly landed my first one the next torn lcl and acl just had surgery and waiting for the next time to ride