Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-16-2012, 11:52 PM Reply   
Well we have a high end knife and alcohol threads going on right now, figure I better start one about champagne. I'm kind of a champagne enthusiast, I can't necessarily afford the hobby but when I can get a nice bottle I always try to do so.

I have had a few great bottles in my 22 years of life, namely:

Louis Roederer Cristal Brut '02
Dom Perignon '02
Veuve Clicqout Brut Yellow Label

Other than that I've enjoyed a lot of Moet & Chandon Imperial and Mumm Napa Brut's. And the old faithful, Ballatore Gran Spumante, $7.99 a bottle and sweet as candy. I don;t really care for super sweet champagne but when I want some bubbly and my better half isn't feeling a brut I bring home this to keep her at bay.

We're getting married in November and trying to decide which champagne we want to enjoy at dinner. I'm not making this decision solely off of price as I want to enjoy the best champagne in the world with my new bride.

I'm leaning towards a bottle of Cristal Brut '02 because I could probably buy a few bottles, one to enjoy at dinner, one when we're winding down and one to save for our one year anniversary. But the other two high ends are also very good, very close in quality to Cristal I think, and I could buy three of those for nearly the same price as two of the Cristal. But then again, there is something about Cristal that sets it apart (no I'm not a fan of MTV Cribs). This champagne goes down so incredibly smooth, yet you don't feel the acidic feeling in your stomach you get from a low to mid range bottle. Even the Moet & Chandon leaves that feeling for me.

TBH I'm open to anything, just wondering if anybody else has tried some of these or some others I may not be aware of.