Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-05-2005, 5:10 PM Reply   
Great to see ClubMyke & crew (Big Ed, Ant Bug, Joe Umali, & more) out there. Hope you guys had some awesome rides. Thanks to the Taylor family for the incentive to get off my butt and do something!

Mike from Indy...

Larry Taylor on the Roam...

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-05-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
nice pics Jeff.

Looks like that dude Mike is killin' it.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-05-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
Both of those guys did (ran out of ScanDisk).

I understand that Mike's best trick is being set on fire, then hitting a kicker. Crazy Midwesterners...
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-05-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
Great pics...planning on Sunday, is water getting any warmer? U guys look like you had a blast, and don't see anyother boats in the pic..were you guys alone?]
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-05-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
Wasn't to bad between 8 and 10. Looked like it was getting busy by the time we left (10:30), but we all thought that there were way more empty trailers parked at the ramp, than were boats on the water. Go figure?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-05-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
Oh, yeah, as for your first question..NO (even Mike from Indy, who rides when they have to break the ice up, borrowed my drysuit for his second set).
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-05-2005, 6:58 PM Reply   
jeff, you missed out bro. it got busy right around 10:30, like you said. but we pretty much owned the lake after 1! i don't ever remember elsinore being that smooth, that long! it was awesome!

great seeing you out there! bug, big ed and i are all lookin' forward to riding w/ you in the couple weeks!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-05-2005, 7:30 PM Reply   
jeff, it was great to see you.. good to hear the knee is better !!!

elsie was a great day...smooth and glassy... pretty much everyone cleared out in the afternoon...

let me know if you can make it out or need a third..
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-05-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
hey Joe... you need a roommate?? (ill keep your couch warm, ill make sure your beer dosent go bad and ill ocasionally clean up after myself)

(Message edited by twitch on February 05, 2005)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-05-2005, 7:48 PM Reply   
nope...my "roommate" is perfect...cooks and makes sure i'm well fed, helps to keep the place clean, makes sure beer doesn't go bad by bringing them to me, puts the laker game on tv when televised, and gives me a massage after a day of riding.

oh, and she's gonna be a doctor one day, so i think i'll keep my current "roommate".
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
Joe,
Looks like you had some sweet water today.

Im bummed cause I was going to meet up with you guys but i had a Honey-do-list a mile long. Then took my son out to elsinore to ride motorcycles. Hope to hook up this thursday somewhere. Maybe Vail!!
Erik
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-05-2005, 7:54 PM Reply   
erik, yeah it was suh-WEET out there today! if it weren't for the "green" i would've thought i was someplace else!

maybe you should drive up to big ed's w/ us tomorrow! (weather permitting)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
I have a soccer tournament in the OC all morning and early afternoon. I would if I could though.
Have fun!!! I'll Catch you on Thursday.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-06-2005, 5:14 PM Reply   
Jeff - So this is what I missed out on? Looks like you had lots of fun. How did you ride?

Oh and BTW thanks for making me jealous.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-07-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
Jeff -

You hit it on the right day. We launched at Elsinore at 9:00 on Sunday and all we got was 10 - 20 mph winds, annoying drizzle and chop. 1 short ride, and we were done. I need to ride with the Frew Crew, they seem to know the best riding days!
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-07-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
Jeff- Just wanted to say thanks for the good time while we were Roaming around L.A.area the boy's had Great time. The only that could of made it better is if we set Micheal on fire before that raley. So thanks again and seeya at the first canyon lake contest. Also I think we kept Brett and his girl friend up most of the night cleaning up and standing watch. Also thanks to Team Valdez for the wonderful dinner.
Old    michaelvinczii            02-07-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
Jeff, I just wanted to thank you personally. I had a great time and I love your boat. The wake was great and the water my first set couldnt have been better! Thanks again for the ride. Hope to see you again in the future.
Old    lindsayl            02-07-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
Flack, did we go on completely the wrong day or what??

Very jealous...
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-13-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   

Hey Jeff did you ride this week?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-13-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
No, I've been on call this week, plus the weather has been kinda crappy. Figure it may be fate, I need to get the knee in a little better shape so that I don't do what I did when I rode with you guys (ride like a dork).
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-13-2005, 8:27 PM Reply   
Jeff did you see the video Mike posted thiers two it's under wakeboard video there pretty cool.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-13-2005, 9:01 PM Reply   
Just checked 'em out, some really sick stuff! Both Mike and Larry make wakeboarding look the way it should...fun!