Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-14-2009, 9:38 PM Reply   
My PP won't hold speed all the sudden. It's measuring speed and RPM's so I can't figure out what it might be. When I power up it beeps as usual but never takes over. Any ideas?
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-14-2009, 10:53 PM Reply   
just call PP, they have a great reputation for customer service and will give you the best answers.

I couldn't tell you because that sure does seem odd, but I would check the paddle wheel first to make sure it's not stuck, then reset PP back to default and check the ground maybe. Make sure none of the connections into the paddle wheel or the PP brain under the dash or corroded.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-15-2009, 2:38 AM Reply   
Been surfing much lately? You might have got water into the servo motor and its burnt out. Twiddle the knob on the servo, does it feel right? When you power up PP does the knob auto tighten?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-15-2009, 3:49 AM Reply   
Sounds like the servo motor, mine did the same thing and my servo motor, upon inspection, was completely seized.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-15-2009, 5:30 AM Reply   
Mine did the same exact thing and it was the servo motor, I just replaced it last week. New servo cost 135.00 and was easy to replace.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-15-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
I pulled up the manual and it does sound like the servo. Any idea where that might be? Incidentally I did use the control panel to wind in servo which it said it did. Was your guys doing the same?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-15-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
Nevermind, I found it and sure enough she's seized up on me. I just ordered a new one cuz life without PP isn't worth living. Any ideas what might cause it or did it just go TU?

Thanks for your guys' help.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-15-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
If your've been surfing and gotten a bit of water in the back of the boat the belts and whip it up onto the servo motor.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-15-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
I had one sieze up on me when I had my Malibu VLX in Hawaii. I took the servo control out of the boat and kept squeezing wd40 in the cracks around the knob that comes out of that servo control and freed it up and lasted for years after that. I clamped some vice grips on the metal rod coming out of that servo and spun it back and forth until it was back to normal.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-16-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
Ah it's probably all the water that gets in back when we are surfing...lol. I'll try to see if I can un seize the old one once it's off so I'll have a back up.