Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
So my wife has been trying to get up on a board for the last 2 seasons and she has always been close but once up she falls right away.. She has been working out with me solid for the last 4 months and hitting hard on plyometrics and the last 2 times she has gone out she has been riding solid.. gets up every time now consistantly, and able to ride as long as she wants without falling.. yesterday she even started to carve in and out of the wake. She said she feels alot stronger and lighter since starting to workout

the kids were totally cheering her on in the boat yesterday and my dad couldnt believe it..she was boarding better than he was

Im so proud of her!!! She is totally hooked now this morning she said "just call me wake girl"

just a shout out to the MRS!! Im really proud of her.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-16-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Isaac that is a cool story. You should be proud of her and she should be proud of herself. Now she has the whole summer ahead of her to progress.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-16-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
Cool! Way to stay committed! Good summer to ya.
Old     (raynegrl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-16-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
Your wife is a lucky woman! I tried once last year(once in the water and about 6 attempts to get up) and my ex-boyfriend seemed pretty irritated that we were wasting boat time, so I quit trying. I was determined to learn the sport, started taking lessons this year, and am now "hooked", also.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
Jules, the best invenstment of time you can ever make is into your better half.. shame on him for being frustrated and irritated. Now that my wife can ride and enjoys it means we are on the water more and cheering each other on.. theres nothing like being able to ride with your wife and kids together!! I love my time of riding with my friends, but I love my time with my family on the water even more
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-16-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
Nice job Isaacs wife! my wife got up for the first time on Saturday also, shout out to newJHoser for his expert instructional skills, she can't stay up all that long but after we reviewed the waketrix video and did the dock training on mechanics of getting up she popped right out every time, I was definitly stoked and so was she!!now its time to get her her own board setup.....
Jules I'm glad thats your ex because no time with anyone trying something new that can and will be fun to them is wasted boat time

(Message edited by chilidog on June 16, 2008)
Old     (raynegrl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-16-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
Scott and Isaac - thanks for the support,I appreciate it! You guys have great attitudes, and sounds like you have your priorities straight. Yeah, it's supposed to be fun, right? Honestly, I'm a nurse, and I deal with enough seriousness at work every week. I wanna have fun on my time off!
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-16-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
Jules we ride in Fresno every day. shoot me an e mail
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
ya we are at the delta or andserson 3x a week.. if you ever want a pull let me know..
Old     (matt5)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
Great story!! Gives my girlfriend hope!!
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
my ex-boyfriend seemed pretty irritated that we were wasting boat time.....

Good for you for getting rid of the tight wad. Wakeboarding is suppose to be fun.
If you can't find enjoyment in teaching someone how to get up out of the water for the 1st time it's time to get out of the sport.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-16-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
Awesome story, Isaac! Good to hear from a family man. Way to go to your wife for sticking with it.....
Old     (raynegrl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-16-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
Phantom - thanks for your support, too! He's a waterskier- are they a different breed? Anyway, you guys are great. Suddenly I'm feeling a whole lot better about the breakup :-)
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-16-2008, 10:22 PM Reply   
My mum tried wakeboarding for the first time two years ago and got up first go.
unfortunately she was heading for a non-wake zone so i had to turn the boat immediately. she couldnt help but be thrown into a whip. she was flying along then caught a massive edge and we haven't seen mum behind the boat since, thought she broke her ribs...
oops!

i wish she would get back into it.

congrats girls!
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-16-2008, 11:18 PM Reply   
That's awesome! Congrats to you both. I was involved with a wakeboard club and spent countless hours getting people up for the first time and it was always the best reward to see the huge smile plastered all over their faces. Ben C, I actually just transferred out to Fresno for work and I don't really know anybody out here. Is there any chance I could get a pull sometime? I'm not much of a wakeboarder, but I'm good with gas money and clean-up.
Old     (cyrus)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-17-2008, 12:37 AM Reply   
That is so awesome! Tell her I said congrats!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-17-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
Thanks Jenna im sure she will be stoked to ride with you now!
Old     (cyrus)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-17-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
Ya! I would love it!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
congrates Isaac
sounds like that personal trainer pd off!

I remember teachin my wife to board
I don't know who was more excited...me or her

and.....have fun with the P90X!Sounds like you are more than ready for it!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
Cliff, Im so stoked on her riding.. I even called her today to tell her I was stoked to go riding together this weekend!

P90X is going to be great.. tonite is plyo.. Im going to own it!
Old     (raynegrl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-18-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
I predict a VERY fun summer for you two!! She'll probably be doing all kinds of tricks by the end of summer