Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    feere2084            02-20-2004, 5:33 PM Reply   
how is this boat
2000 MASTERCRAFT X-5, 19' 6'' X-5 wakeboard edition, open bow, removable zero flex tower, wakeboard racks, removable teak swim platform, large rear view mirror,removable rear seat, fat sack and pump, am/fm/cd with 4 speakers, 330hp, 198hrs.,Mastercraft travel cover,custom snap on bow cover,

whats the wake like, would it be better than a 2000-2002 moomba mobius or outback. in wake size
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-20-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
It is a good boat low hours and larger engine. The wake is as good as it will get for a direct drive and you will need to weight quite a bit. It gets out of the hole very nice. Make sure it will have perfect pass because with a lot of weight in a direct drive it is extremely dificult to keep speed steady. Sorry but i dont know much about the Moomba boats
Old    feere2084            02-20-2004, 5:50 PM Reply   
does it have auto filled ballast system and how much weight is it
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-21-2004, 1:40 AM Reply   
Is the X-5 19'6" ??? I thought it was larger?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-21-2004, 6:31 AM Reply   
Is the X5 the old 205 or the old 190 hull??

if its the 205 then it wilkl be better then the moombas wake for sure..if its the old 190/sportstar hull then it will be a toss up..

i think the MC will probrably have a cleaner wake then the older moombas unless they have the newer Outback ls and Mobious hulls which was a huge improvment in the mnoomba lineup..

Kevin i guarantee my Supra Launch DD has as good or better wake for a DD then most out there ,it has a 13 person 1776 USCG weight rating and has more room then i know what to do with as far as seating and storage.as much as a V drive ion most cases.

Old    wsrideer            02-21-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
mastercraft is 100 times better quality than moomba and mobius boats go with the x-5
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-21-2004, 3:01 PM Reply   
POOLZY,

Please tell me how MasterCraft is 100 times better quality than Moomba. I'm sure not many people here would agree with your statement. X-5 is on the 190 hull by the way.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-21-2004, 11:35 PM Reply   
Poolzy please???

Rumor is the x5's wake is pathetic. Moomba makes the mobius. Why don't you try to back up your completly ignorant remarks with some insight.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-22-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
Poolzy while ill agree some MCs are probrably better then some year Moombas they arent at all 100times better..almost all boat companies have the same vinyl,wood free boats,same carpet,engines,trannies,guages,accessories and bllast..so while maybe some base models from some companies are a bit more plush where others hold back to keep prices down but do offer optional upgrades all these boats are pretty similar..where the differences really are are not totally on quality because you can fix that with upgrades or buying the next boat up but the WAKe is where its at in a good boat and it seperates the good boats from the great boats..

theres no way in hell a MC is 100 times better then a moomba but if you want to compare a Moomba outback to a Xstar or X2 then maybe but if you comapre that same X2 to the new Moomba Lsv or XLVs then add in price they have gotton a lot closer..

that goes for all other boats as well because and x5 or pro star 190 compared to Supras SSV GG package will pale in comparison as far as wake size and quality and base boat to base boat as far as stock quality of the overall boat would be unfair..

so what Mac is saying is maybe your overstating it a bit when your saying 100 times better and also being a bit to vague when just saying MC VS Moomba instead of comparing apples to apples...

Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-22-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
Poolzy you really show your true colors. Very mature. Also nobody talked crap about mc.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-22-2004, 7:28 PM Reply   
I own a 2000 x-5 and love the boat.
Pros- very reliable, great manuverability, open bow, sits high in the water and rollers don't come over the bow easily, incredible hole shot, very descent wake with ballast added.
Cons,- storage is limited, 5 people in the boat is ideal, bow seats set up a bit strange, but you can make a playpen cushion for it and it is great.
The hull is not the same as a 205, it is smaller.
It is 19.6 feet without the platform
I have over 1000 hours on mine and it still runs great. Great boat