Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-21-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
The new SANTE is a few weeks away. I picked up the trailer on monday and took it over to Line-X. I had the fenders and steps Line-X'd. The pictures are terrible but I think it turned out sweet! I've never heard of anyone doing this, what do you guys think?

Line-X on fender
Line-X on fender
Old    chris_hargis            05-21-2003, 8:05 PM Reply   
I used Gator grip on my trailer, but that looks nice
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-21-2003, 8:19 PM Reply   
A few more pic's
DHM trailer
DHM trailer
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-21-2003, 9:32 PM Reply   
Looks good!
Old    damnation            05-22-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
I agree, it looks great. I especially like the castors at the prop guard. Did those come standard on that trailer?
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
The castors were an option. I have a steep driveway and those take a lot of load. the front wheels actually lift off the ground. This is the third trailer I've had DHM do this to, and it works great.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-22-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
I've never heard of Line X. Is that some sort of bed liner or something?
Old    nathancmarks            05-22-2003, 12:55 PM Reply   
The trailer looks great, how much lower than the prop guard are the rear mounted wheels?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-22-2003, 1:03 PM Reply   
Tom, have you thought about what the tounge weight does when your front wheels lift off the ground? I feel sorry for your tow vehicle!!!
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2003, 1:32 PM Reply   
Jeff, Yeah line-X is a spray bed liner. I have it in my truck, it dosen't get real hot, and it is non slip. I think it will work out great.
Tim and Nathan, This is my third boat living in this house. I have a Toyota Tundra and it seems to handle the extra load on the tongue just fine ( haven't had any problems yet) The wheels are mounted about 1/8" below the prop guard, they are 1000lb castors I think.
Old    cws_kahuna            05-22-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
I think the Line-X is a great idea. I'd like to know how the grip on it works out, once you get a chance to try it please let me know. The grip tape on my trailer needs replacing, I have some Gator Grip I could use, but the Line-X option may be the best for years of use.
Old    gk02            05-22-2003, 9:31 PM Reply   
i had my rear ranchhand bumper sprayed with line-x when i got the truck along with the bed and it has worked out real nice. It doesnt get hot and it has held up real well. When the bumper is wet it is not slippery at all. Getting the trailer sprayed seems like a real good idea. I think that will work out real well and should last a long time.