Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-08-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
Just curious we are there almost every weekend at Rio Del Colorado, wondering if anyone else tries to fight the chop???
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-08-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
I use to go to Parker for years and we would get up at 5:30 am and ride to get some good water. Now that we all have kids we have gone up river just north of Topock. The water is great until about 10:30 on Saturdays (big boats start running by) but on the weekdays the water is great all the time. We ride a lot more and our kids can learn without having to get up at the crack of dawn to do it.
Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-08-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
Yes, we have great water until about 9am or so. we have little ones too. 4 year old learned how to waterski last summer. We stay away from crowds and go out on off times. Unfortunately or fortunately we have family that has a house on the strip so it is rent free, so we are there, just try to find the right times to ride for all of us.

The Topock gorge is beautiful and calm to bad you can't ride there. I take it you are in Needles??

We are a family with yougins looking for other families looking for some safe fun.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-10-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
We camp at Park Moabi and keep our campers out there. It is the best spot on the river IMO but reservations are a bear. You have to reserve a year in advance to get a spot on the water and pay over 1/2 your fees up front. The new reservation rules have cut our group down the last 2 years. We had 15 familes in when we first went to Moabi but now have about 7 that go out on a regular basis. We have kids ranging from 2.5 (my son to 16) It can be like romper room out there for us. It is very cool that I am the only guy with a wake boat now and most of my buddies kids are just getting into riding. Last year we spend about 4 straight hours pulling kids and having a blast. Send me a PM if you are ever up North. I will let you know where we are. We go every other weekend starting 10 days ago until August (first week). Most of us are football coaches in HS so our river season is cut short by our FB season that is coming up.
Old     (shortywakeman)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-10-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
We go to the parker strip and park moabi, I was actually just at parker last weekend, water was a bit cold and the wind pretty much ruined the water later in the day, gotta do the early morning rides.

Where do you stay Molly? We stay up at emarld cove.

I think they riding at moabi is much better because of how nice the water is, even later in the day, but the only thing I notice with moabi is the water seems to be a lot colder than parker.

Where do you teach coach? I go the VMHS, I will have to look out for your boat sometime and elsinore, we ride there quite a bit as well. Ive got a white, green, and grey, ultra, it actually has a pretty nice wake, still working on the tower, just picked it up about 2 months ago.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-10-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
Bryce-
I teach and coach at Esperanza High School. What school is VMHS. Is your ultra a jet or I/O? I normally keep my boat at the river but will be bringing it home next trip so I am planning at least one more Elsinore trip this year (before the water gets green)
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-10-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Just read your profile Bryce. Vista Murrietta. We laid the hammer down on your rival last year MV. They are coming up are way to play this year. You guys have an amazing football staff and program!

BTW I had my stereo done at Wire For Sound down your way.
Old     (shortywakeman)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-10-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Hey Coach,
Our ultra is an i/o, does the trick for me, we were in the market for either and i/o or inboard, and my dad, being the one buying to boat, decided it was not worth it for him to get a wakeboard boat because I am the only one in my family who wakeboards and I plan to leave for the military right after high school.

Last year was a killer year for out football team, we will have to see what we can pull off this year, I am a wrestler and we had a really bad season, new coach, which has made me give up on wrestling.

Maybe I will see you out on the lake sometime, not sure when I will be heading out next, with my dads work schedule, but should be soon. We are also planning on going out to park moabi the last weekend in June I believe, used to go weekend after labor day, but were too late on reservations this year.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-10-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
The last weekend of June I will be there on Site #16. Feel free to stop by. I will take you for a pull.

I wrestled in HS and coached it for about 4 years. Football is my real love so I just do that now. I just picked up my boat this November. I have been skiing behind jets for the better part of 10 years. I am the only one in my group with a wake boat everyone else has Ultra's (3 total in the group), Magics, DCB, Renegade, and some other 18' runabouts.
Old     (shortywakeman)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-10-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Cool, I am not sure what number we are, but I will definetly see about stopping by sometime, check out your sweet boat.

I tried football, but it conflicted with my river and wakeboarding season too much, haha. Ive managed to kill my back about 3 times in wrestling, which is also another reason I plan to quit, I really dont want to parallize myself. Now I might take up golf, less dangerous. Anyways, maybe I will see you out there, keep an eye out for my ultra, feel free to stop buy our cove as well.
Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-10-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
Bryce, we stay at Rio Del Colorado. That is the next major park from Emerald Cove. My husbands parents have a house there and we store our boat in a garage there. We try to get out 2 times a month. We are going to be ther this weekend. The water is a little cool still, but we boarding in our good ole suits a few weeks ago...

Thanks for the info Coach, I will have to hit you up if we are up in that area..
Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2007, 10:41 PM Reply   
Hey Parker strip boaters...

Is Mike Mack still around? He use to do the sat. shows and he owned a pro shop or two. My folks had a place on the california side, across from baddocks...is that place still there?
oh, those were the days. Good water was hard to find after 10am, back in the late 70's.
Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-11-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
No, he has not been around for quite a few years now. Not too sure what happened with him.

Yes Badenochs is still there. They have great food. It is still that was today, so times have not changed.
Old     (oldmansteck)      Join Date: May 2002       04-12-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
We usually stay down at Blue Water...
Upload
Upload
Got to love the week days
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-13-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
so is blue water a pretty good place to stay and wakeboard? think it will still be fairly empty in early may for a sun-tues trip? I was thinking of making a trip out there...
Old     (oldmansteck)      Join Date: May 2002       04-13-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
Blue water is an ok place to stay, the water usually if pretty good early in the morning around sunrise and can stay good for a few sets as long as the wind doesnt kick up there shouldnt be that much boat traffic. I am sure you have been the to website but if not its at http://www.bluewaterfun.com/
The resort could be really nice but its just imo not run as well as it could be.