Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (wakemb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-12-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Hi Everyone,

I am writing this to share my experience last week at the boarding school. In the past I read camp reviews and it helped me in deciding where to go.

I attended the camp during the week of June 5th - 9th with my wife. We are beginner wakeboarders who have not wakeboarded since September 2005 (We live in Manitoba, Canada so the weather stops us).

First I will give my wife’s impression of the camp since she wakeboarded more last week then she has in her life. She is not very familiar with the wakeboarding community and thus she didn't have celebrity blinders on when it came to meeting Shaun, Travis, and Kyle the instructors. Her impression of the three instructors was that she meet three fun people who made her try new things on a wakeboard(five new tricks) all while having fun and listening to good tunes.

I had the week of my life, perfect weather, great conditions, great instruction, all the up-to-date equipment, and well equipped accommodations.

Some highlights of the week was getting to ride with Shaun (also he instructed from the boat via a helmet with speakers, could coach you right on the spot when you made mistakes and did things right), motivational speeches from Travis, and Kyle walking me through my first HS wake jump as only a good Canadian boy can do. Plus Josh Palma stopped by for a ride.

On a negative note there was no Celine Dion played during my stay but besides that I would recommend to everyone to sign up today.

Ryan

PS For some reason they wanted me to tell people that I was instructed at another camp.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-12-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
about the PS... as in they didnt want you to tell people you went to TBS?
Old     (wakemb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-12-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
If you seen me ride you would understand.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-12-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
why should the level of you're riding affect weather or not you can say you wwent to there camp?

so they dont want you to tell anyone you went to it?
Old     (kramnets)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-12-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
It was a joke.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
hahaha....
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-12-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
Ryan, Thanks for the kind words. It just stinks that you had to leave before you could say any!

Just kidding. We had a blast with you guys. And, I am going to try and get some Celine bootlegs for when you guys come back.
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-12-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
Please NOT Celine please!!!

Ryan, I can related ;)
I had the same fun has you did with my girlfriend
Although I was a bit intimidated with Shaun...(for no reasons cause Shaun is so....easy to talk to)

Travis and Shaun are so fun to be with.
Travis is always there to pump you up ;)

PS: I can relate with Canadian Winter ;)
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-12-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
Sounds like a good time... It's too bad I didn't get to meet up with those guys when I was down there. I met up with Kyle a couple times, he is definately a rad guy.

Ryan, you ever go to Prairie Throwdown? Big competition in Portage le Prairie. I've been there twice now, going for my third this summer. You should check it out, its an AWESOME time and if you see me holla.

http://www.throwdown.ca/