Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Interestingly enough I have found the specs for the 2006 Liquid Force Cadence 131 and the 2006 Liquid Force Nemesis 131 to be very similar.

The following are the same for both boards:

Length: 131.9 cm
Mid Width: 41.3 cm
Rocker: 6.3 cm
Rocker Type: Progressive 3-stage
Stance Range: 16-22"
Construction: Polycore Polyurethane

The only differences I've found so far are:

Cadence 131 Rider weight: 70-150 Lbs.
Nemesis 131 Rider weight: 75-150 Lbs.

Cadence 131 Fin Configuration: One LBR 1.2" center fin & 2 molded-in side fins
Nemesis 131 Fin Configuration: One LBC 1.5" center fin & 2 molded-in side fins

Cadence 131 MSRP: $369.99
Nemesis 131 MSRP: $199.99

I've also heard that the core construction slightly differs as the Cadence 131 has Maven Construction which is a unique blend of biaxial fiberglass, boot print glass, and aercore whereas the Nemesis 131 has bi-axial fiberglass only.

Question of the day...has anyone ridden both of these boards and have you found a difference?

I just picked up the Nemesis 131 at a local shop (who also noticed the similarities) for $150.00 and am hoping to ride it soon. Just wanted to know if anyone else knew anything more about this as I was originally going to pop down the extra $170.00 MSRP on the Cadence 131.

Thanks for any insight you might have on this subject.
Old    aceofdymondz            06-06-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
same boards with different graphics... the cadence 131 is the same as the nemesis and the bigger version of the cadence (134 or 136? i forget what sizes it comes in) is the same board as the substance with girly graphics... i'd buy the nemesis if i was you and save money for the same ride...

-ashley
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2006, 2:53 PM Reply   
Thanks Ashley...the Nemesis 131 for $150 seemed like it was at least worth trying so I already bought it. My boyfriend made the comment that even if it broke, it would still be cheaper to buy another Nemesis 131 for $150 later in the season than shelling out the $369.99 for the Cadence 131. Strange little world we live in...but at least I have Hotwheels graphics on my board now...
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
yeah i saw that early this year and was like what a scam!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
I guess it's all in what you want to get out of it...in my case...I got a schweet Hotwheels ride for $150.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-06-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Alright, I'm going to set everyone straight. It is the same mold, however it is not a scam. The Cadence 131 is wrapped more times with fiberglass. The results of this make it a stronger, stiffer, more responsive blah blah blah. The nemesis 131 was to target the consumer who didn't want to pay as much, but still get the same ride. This consumer also won't notice the differences in performance. Just thought you all should know, and no it's not a scam.

You can always tell the high-performance board, from a soft entry level board by, you guessed it, price.

Same mold. Different construction. Will you notice the difference? Probably not, but now you know.