Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-01-2006, 12:06 AM Reply   
Hey right now I have a 2001 Moomba Kamberra w/ tower and I love the boat very much!! I think within the next year I might upgrade to a newer boat but after having a boat with a walk through, I will never have a v-drive without one again! anyway, I was wondering what people thought of the SV 211..... what kind of wake?? Seating?? ride?? And how much weight is needed to get a good wake??

also how does this boat compare to the Air 226??? That seems like a very big boat..... thanks for any help!!!
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-01-2006, 1:39 AM Reply   
I have an '05 SV 211TE. I love it. A few notes:

The design, fit & finish, and overall feel of the boat is 1st class all the way, very Nautique worthy.

The storage, comfort, and ride are incredible. This boat is very smooth and can take rough water without any problems. If has a lot of freeboard, so it sits kinda high compared to most ski boats.

The wake is very rampy and really thick. It is no where near as vertical as the 210, but it has a good pop. Very easy to edge through and no trough in front of the wake, so you can charge it hard! I usually ride with stock ballast full and a 750# fatsack in the back with 2 peeps in the boat. Any more weight doesn't really do much for you except burn more gas (wierd huh?)

All-in-all, a really good boat. I thought I might want to upgrade to a 210, but after I rode a fully loaded 210 I really thought that it would be more of a downgrade! I didn't really like the steep and harsh wake on the 210, and I felt cramped in the boat. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

My $0.02
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-01-2006, 6:24 AM Reply   
I looked at one before I bought my 05 X-2. IMO, it is a very nice boat. Although I liked the walk through transom, there were a few things I did not like. Around here the cops go by the # of people on the capacity plate, in the SV211, it was 9. With small kids and taking out other families, I wanted more. Also, I did not like the way the seat in the back was designed. It has a kick-stand brace so the seat can be removed. Even though the boat I believe is longer than the 05 X-2, the seating area did not seem as open to me. But the biggest deciding factor was the price, I was able to get a demo X-2, but to buy the SV211, it would have cost me about $8,000 more. On the positive side, it is a Nautique, and the fit and finish was impressive as can be expected. Overall, if you plan on a 50% wakeboard use, and a 50% ski/slalom, this boat does the trick. If you are "hard-core" 100% wakeboarding, then you might want to look around before you drop $45K-$50K on that boat.
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-01-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
I'll let you know tomorrow. I am test driving one today (weather pending) with sacs. I love the 210 wake so I am expecting it to not be up to par, but we will see.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-01-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
Love our 06 211TE. Adding custom sacs (250ish ea side of engine) and a couple POP bags to the locker. Wake is awesome with the weight and really good stock (lots of skeptics reversed their thinking once they rode it). Ski wake is almost as good as my old Sport (216) but nothing close to a 196. It has more storage than I know what to do with and can easily handle 6 people going out riding with all their stuff. Rear seat isn't used as much as the front jump seat. If we use the rear seat it's usually moved forward so a couple people can sit facing the rider and take pics/vids.

Couldn't be happier with the boat. And the wifey likes it so that makes me like it more. LOL!!
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-01-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
Anyone barefoot behind the 211? How's the table?
Old    butt_slider            06-01-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
The SV-211 is amazing i think
its got a great interior, as all nautiques do.

the other day we filled all the ballast, and had probably 8 or 9 people. the wake was massive.

its perfect for our family
Old     (scheersound)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-01-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
i have a 06 211TE and love it. I have the factory ballast plus 800lbs with pop bag's. the wake is about as good as it get's IMO. its not as rampy as a 210 but it does kick you up. I only wake board but i had to have the walk thru. i am very happy i bought this boat. I think you will feel the same once you test drive.
Old    mia            06-01-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
its a very nice ride (owner here, so i am a little impartial)

it depends on what you are looking for and the dealer (you really can go wrong with a x2,malibu, or natique)...the x-2 is a little smaller but really well rounded boat(great wake and really fun to drive), the bu is the biggest of the bunch(vride, well rounded boat but takes a hit in the handling and interior finish) and the nautie is right in between two (bigger than the mc and better handling and finished than the bu)..

the boat really doesnt need that much additional weight to get the best wake out if it.. mikeski and tylero pretty much confirmed 1/2 full belly and 2-3 lead sacks a side with the back ballast filled... i have tried alot of differnt ways and the boat only needs a additonal 240lbs to 360 lbs (lead) to get the best ( i throw a coulpe of bags in the far back of the bow)i have also gotten good results with 1 250 lb bag where the spare seat is...

between a 226 and x-star..the 226 is nice but the xstar is my personal fave (love the pickle fork !!!)
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-02-2006, 6:19 AM Reply   
SV 211:
I test drove this boat yesterday for the first time. I had been in it several times (off the water) and loved the layout and all the storage.

I wakeboard and just sold my 210 (just a little background).

Ok, so I really wanted to like the 211 because it has so much more room and storage. When we first go out there it was like being in heaven. I added a 350 on each side of the engine and a 550 on top of the ski locker. We also filled all of the team edition ballast and had 3 people. The wake was just ok. I would say fair. I realize that I am spoiled, but I really did want to like the boat. It is definitely perfect for someone who wants a boat that can do it all.
Also, the boat was really hard to drive a straight line in. Sounds kind of weird, but the steering was just different. Another thing, is that they do not offer an over the tower bimini for the 211 (my dealer told me they may by now, but not the he knew of).
Overall the boat was really nice. If the wake is not the most important thing to you then this might be the boat for you. If you are going to do some skiing, then this is a great crossover boat. The hydrogate was pretty cool as well. On the way back to the ramp the front was porpusing a little and all you had to do was move that hydrogate toward slalom and it flattened right out.
For me the 210 is still the way to go (I haven't been on a 220 yet, nor do I have 75K to drop on one)!
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-02-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Jeremy,

Sorry to hear you didn't like the 211. I think you may have had too much weight up front. The 211 likes to be stern heavy, otherwise the wake gets too rampy.

As far as the straight line thing goes, I agree, the boat is a little "loose" feeling.

Anyways, you did the right thing by trying before buying. So, what boat are you going to buy to replace your 210?