Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    michaelvinczii            10-01-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
On the Sidewayz Demo video with trailers and previews for every sidewayz film they have a preview for the "Parks Bonifay Documentary". Its suppose to be released in 2005 and I haven't heard anything else about it. Does anyone know anything about it or its release date.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-01-2005, 3:21 PM Reply   
I saw a quick preview of it in our local shop, but I haven't heard if it has been released yet. Seemed pretty interesting, to me, I'll definitely want to watch it when it comes out.

-Blake
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-01-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
Yeah, I have a sidewayz trailer video, and there are about three clips on there. I thought the a-deffers were doing it, but much like you all, I haven't heard a thing about it since last fall or something (when it was declared to be "top secret).

I have mixed feelings about parks having a documentary already...I just don't feel like he's in the league of scott byerly YET. but he's a fascinating character none the less, and I'd buy the video anyway.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-01-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
Chef, I agree with you, but his longevity has been amazing. Back when he was a grom and it was him and Hunter Brown, I think? Parks was already starting to school the top guys at age 13 or 14 or something? Even Randy was not getting that much attention back then. In my mind, Scott was the guy who invented wakeboarding as we all now have come to know it, the OG, the originator, the guy with natural style, and he will always be the #1 rider of all time in my mind. But Parks was the kid who was born to wakeboard, born to do nothing in life but wakeboard, with the talent to do it better than anybody. (Interesting side note, I have a friend who was one of the top slalom skiers at one time, now he's a pilot. Anyway, he likes to tell the story about how before wakeboarding was viable, Parks was a 3-event skier and he reportedly sucked at it. I am told he always got his ass kicked and would cry about it. Now 3-event is essentially a dead sport, while Parks is rich and famous. Funny how things work out.)

Anyway, I agree with you, a Parks documentary would have much greater impact if they had waited a bit longer, but I guess maybe Ron or whoever is looking for the next paycheck, or maybe there is some other reason they decided to do it now.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-01-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
im voting for a murry documentary first....remember the clips of that guy throwing down behind a fishing boat outboard with no pylon??

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-02-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
murray invented thrashin without a wake....
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-02-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-02-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
sorry to hijack this thread but doc.. who is your friend that was pro slalom that is now a pilot, I have a friend that took that route too...
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-02-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
Doug,
I was talking about Lance G, hopefully he wouldn't mind me sharing his story, haven't talked to him in a while.

And I agree I would rather have seen a Murray documentary at this point in time. I feel Parks likely is not done yet.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-03-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
The guy has been riding hard and pushing the limits through the real rise of current day wakeboarding and it's no surprise that he is one of the most popular riders.

Now that (some might say) he has reached the pinnacle of his career the timing of this documentary seems perfect to me. Five years from now the demand for this vid may be much le$$, so naturally that was part of the decision as well.

Of course there are other riders worthy of a documentary, but Parks' story is a good one. Also, I'm sure Shane is mentioned in it so why not just do a Bonifay documentary? That guy has a good following of his own and the vid would do even better in my opinion. Then again, Parks has obviously accomplished more so you don't want to take anything away from him. It's a tough call because they both have their places, but together their documentary would be extra worthy.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-03-2005, 5:33 PM Reply   
so doc, you're saying shaun is done? ;)
Old    wsrmatt            10-03-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
i cant wait to see the shiz parks is landing in three years
Old    wsrmatt            10-03-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
if they made a randy harris documentary it would be so sick. itd be way diferent cuz itd show a thug white kid that can throw down skateboarding, snowboarding,wakeboarding,the battle with drugs,insanity out of the 909 basically. i heard hes even been stabbed like 6 times or somethin over something i wont say. i dont think randy has wakeboarded in a year or so also. its wierd though cuz i dont see another rider for another few years that can throw down like him. sevens off the dub 30 feet into the flats on a 90 foot rope going 28. haha. now thatd be a sick documentary.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-03-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
Stack, he's married now. 'Nuff said! ;)

Then again, I guess I kind of forgot about his rail work up at Radar. We'll see...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-03-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
"Stack, he's married now. 'Nuff said! ;) "

That doesn't always have the same outcome for everyone.

I have been married for two years. I continue to ride more every year.

Now with a baby on the way, that may finally change! But let's just say I intend on buying a car seat for the boat.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-03-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
Just joking, of course. (right!)
Then there's the other issue, because God's warranty on your body seems to expire at age 30 (I know you feel me on that)! I have only met Shaun a few times, but he always brings a smile, and from others I know him to be one of the most important riders our sport has ever produced, great ambassador, wicked talented, and all-around solid individual. I'm sure he will continue to be an awesome positive influence no matter what he is doing.

All I'm saying is that Parks seems to remain enough of a spaz that he may still have a few more tricks up his sleeve, while others seem more to be entering the golden years.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-04-2005, 6:18 AM Reply   
Graves, it sounds like they'd have to rate that documentary "R" or maybe "X". haha

I'd hate to speculate, but I'm sure there are things that Parks' has done that wouldn't be fit for TV either (that's probably true for all of us!).

Congrats J-Rod! Hopefully, I'll be right on your heels in that regard here soon.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-04-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
"your body seems to expire at age 30"

That I can agree with!
Old    herbman            10-04-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
"your body seems to expire at age 30"...

So THAT's why my wrist is sprung, my left foot is aching, my finger is sprung, my leg is bruised, and my knees hurt. I just turned 30 a few days ago!!! Oh, maybe it was wiping out on my Harley 2 weeks ago :-)
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       10-04-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
On the trailer video that has all the dif Trailers on it. They show clips for the parks Doc. a few times. There is one when he was a lil kid barefootin, just getin beat to Sh#t, and not letin go. You feel bad for him but its hella funny cuz he just keeps goin, bounce like a foot of the water like a rag doll and just hangs on.