Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    playtime            08-24-2003, 9:22 PM Reply   
ok i was wonderin about the best board to ride is it better for you to be at the maximum weight of your board ex:90to145 me bein 135 or is it better to ride a board were the weightis 100 to 180 and be in the middle i know the boards for heavier people is only an inch or so bigger and a ounce or so heavier and the bigger boards have better rockers so which one is better
Old    rdierolf            08-24-2003, 10:10 PM Reply   
define better.

u should demo them or soemthing like that
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-24-2003, 10:57 PM Reply   
There is no single answer to that question. Its all personal preference. Best thing to do is Demo each size and see what you like.
Old    playtime            08-25-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
how do you demo boards
and when i say better imean for height and air control
Old    upupnaway            08-25-2003, 11:41 AM Reply   
As a generalization, bigger boards tend to pop you higher, but spin slower. The opposite goes for smaller boards. I know this may no longer apply to some boards.

Go to your local board shop, ask them to give you a demo for the day, it usually costs 10 to 20 bucks. You get a board for the day, they get the money and a possible sale.
Old    lakesideluver            08-25-2003, 12:26 PM Reply   
mike nailed it