Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       12-21-2005, 2:13 PM Reply   
I recently ordered a 2006 Wakesetter VLX and I would like a little bit of help deciding what speakers that I should run in the interior of the boat. They need to be 6 1/2" speakers, hopefully be able to stand up to any rain or water that finds there way in. The speakers will be run by and amp, I will also have tower speakers and subs the design is still up in the air but I need to make a descision on the interior speakers and purchase them before 12/30/05. I have been looking at the Polk MMC650's but I'm looking for everyone's advice.

Thank You in Advance
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-21-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
I have the polks in my supra, they sound good, look good and are very durable and relatively cheap.
Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       12-21-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
Try the Focal's. They have incredible sound and are loud. They are a little pricey but they are worth it!
Old     (hoangl1021)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-21-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
Is there any reason why you wouldn't go with the Kicker speakers that Malibu offers as a factory option? They seem to sound good to me.
Old     (malibupilot)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-21-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
I always thought my MB Quartz in my last boat sounded really clean. I will prolly do the same in the new boat. But at 4 pairs, it gets a little expensive!
Old    ilovetrains            12-21-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
I thought the Polk's were kind of expensive?

I am getting ready to do the same thing in my LSV. I am also looking at Pioneer, the TS series I think.

Focal have incredible sound, but speaker selection is very personal. You might also look at Alpine. They need a lot of power, but they are very well put together.

The Kicker's will make a lot noise.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-21-2005, 11:03 PM Reply   
I have MB's in mine, and they are really nice. If I had another choice, I would go with the Focal's. Both of these have great-quality sound. Personally, I notice quite a difference over ones like Kicker, Sony, etc. All personal preference though. They all sound good. Just depends on the quality level you want, and if you will really notice a difference.

Good luck!
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       12-24-2005, 5:32 AM Reply   
I'm trying to choose between the Polk MMC 650's and the Infinity Kappa 63.7I for my Wakesetter VLX does anybody have any suggestions?
Old     (riverside)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-24-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
i bought the kappa,s the are running 2ohms and sound cristal clear.In other words the kappa sounds less heavy..combined with a good sub it is a nice setup.IMO.