Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    mobster            03-12-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
Josh Sleigh is on the Daily Habit @6:00 & 9:00 p.m. Tonight
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
Sweet. Thanks for the tip.
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-12-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
no wakesurfing...
Old    surfdad            03-13-2007, 5:24 AM Reply   
Does that surprise anyone?
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-13-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
Oh, well Jeff, there you go. Blow up over. I was a bit disappointed in that, but still, good to see Mr. Sleigh get some props. Seems like a pretty cool cat.

Still one of the better Daily Habit's I've seen. That board he rides is...knargly. I even liked the videos. I wanna play drums on the bow of my boat.
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-13-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, thanks again for the tip J.L.
Old    surfdad            03-13-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
Tell me Nick, obviously Josh has minimal control over the final edit, but do you think that he could have said: I'd really like to have a very small piece included of me behind the boat? If you DO think that was possible, why was it omitted here? Or if you are of the opinion that Josh has no control whatsoever, doesn't that make it pretty corporate? Not sure that fits with the scenario presented.
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-13-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
Jesus Christ Captain Buzz Kill, are you seriously that upset by it? You sound like it's a personal insult to you that wakesurfing was not shown. I'm really confused by your attitude. From the little slice of Josh I saw, he doesn't seem the type to try and impose his will on anybody. They were obviously trying to get the word out on his Grinch tour and he did try and talk a bit about wakesurfing a few times, but the 10 minutes of actual conversation never quite got there. I doubt that he practiced a whole lot for the show and in retrospect, I would guess he would have liked to have seen some behind the boat action. In the end, it just didn't work out that way. Waaa.

Damn Dude, why you gettin' me all fired up?
Old    surfdad            03-13-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
I'm not sure that I control your emotional reaction to a question(s), but I so wish I had that ability in life! :-) Do you think, Nick, there could be any OTHER possible interpretaion to the questions I posed?
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-13-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
Huh, you're killin' me man. I honestly don't know what you're getting at, but I sure wish you would just say it. Just what is the OTHER possible interpretation you would like to hear from the questions you posed?
Old    mobster            03-13-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
Josh talked about wakesurfing on the show I sent them plenty of wakesurfing footie , they were intrested in wakesurfing .Why do you question everything and look for the bad in everything Wakesurfing got their props though small it was talked about .Yes we are pushing a west coast tour with gringing& wakesurfing we are putting on a wakesurfing event this summer . Let the sport evolve, we are not here to talk about how much time was spent on wakesurfing. Did you watch Adam Repogle's show ? He talked about wakesurfing too The Santa Cruz boys have the taste of it bad and they will promote the sport also .Mob group promotes fun, safety,progression. & brotherhood toward all boardsports & wish to mesh them together sorry about the shows content towards wakesurfing www.mobgroup.tv will be up when the tech dept can find out why our site won't go online thanks for your Input JL MGP
Old    surfdad            03-13-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/264191.html

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/288446.html

I am one of the biggest proponents and advocates of wakesurfing, if you will take even a moment to review the threads above, I was deeply involved in encouraging Skier's Choice, Inc's change in policy regarding wakesurfing. I have spent well over 10,000 of my own money organizing and promoting contests and encouraging growth of the sport. I have held discussions with Rick Stocks of the INT League in an effort to bring wakesurfing to that organization and was primarily responsible for organizing the first wakesurfing series. Your generalization that I question everything and look for the bad is without merit. I would presume that your wish is that I and everyone else not question anything? Ignorance is somehow going to help the evolution of the sport?

You, J.L. seem to wish me quited. If I have an opinion that is contrary to yours, as long as I "shut up" we are good? That somehow allows for evolution of the sport? Seems to me more along the lines of YOUR opinion being the only one that matters. :-) You are promoting Josh, and his grinding tour in this thread. If Josh were to post it directly, it would be deleted as an advertisement. Yes, I am of the opinion that Josh could have done a bit more for wakesurfing. That's my opinion, I'm not going to supress it because Nick calls me names and you J.L. disagree with it. Nor am I of the opinion that it serves anyone to dish accolades.

This forum IS about wakesurfing, there are myriad other mediums for the promotion and discussion of other sports, brotherhood of boards sports or not.

My point is advocacy. I don't remember anyone stepping up behind me when I was having the discussions with Skier's Choice, Inc and their FORMER opinion that wakesurfing not be allowed behind any boat, certainly not you J.L. or Nick - perhaps I should have allowed that to evovle also J.L.? Or is it just selective evolution you want - so long as I agree with your opinion. IMO, that's nonsense and I can't imagine how anything can effectively evolve without a free flow of ideas.

IMO, Fuel TV could have done more with the wakesurfing footage that J.L. provided. If we sit idly by and say - wow they mentioned it, good enough -- there is NO incentive for change. I also believe that Josh as a personality within the sport could have done more to get a tiny little bit of footage aired. If everyone says - that's ok, don't worry about it...again there isn't any incentive to change.

Nick, and really you J.L., attack me personally because you don't like my opinion. What is that about? I would be HAPPY to discuss the merits of allowing a free discussion of ideas and opinions, J.L. my understanding is that you are in favor of selective censorship. I am not. Nick, I'm not quite sure how this became personal that you decided it was necessary to start calling me names, but again, I am going to push for advocacy. That will often put me contrary to positions of consensus which will further raise awareness and change behaviors.

I do so appreciate your assitance in this regard, gentlemen. :-)
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-13-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
Nobody is questioning your dedication to the sport, Jeff. We are all quite aware of your accomplishments and I, for one, am grateful for what you have done for the sport. I respect you. That being said, this thread was just a couple of quick quips about Josh being on the Daily Habit. I'm pretty sure that my "blow up over" comment set this whole thread into disarray. If it upset you, I sincerely apologize. It was just good natured ribbing and if you took it any other way, I'm sorry. Now I don't know how this effects anyone else, but when you start talking to me like I'm a child, you will get a reaction that you won't like and no amount of smiley faces will make it OK. That is the point where it became personal. So in an effort to put this little blemish on an otherwise beautiful day behind us, I will try to answer your questions in a civil manner.

"Tell me Nick, obviously Josh has minimal control over the final edit, but do you think that he could have said: I'd really like to have a very small piece included of me behind the boat?"

How do you know he didn't? They obviously had footage and he brought it up several times.

"If you DO think that was possible, why was it omitted here?"

Good question. I suppose the folks at Fuel TV are the only ones who really know. As for a guess on a conspiracy theory, Fuel is pretty surf biased in their programming. Their main audience is the surfing community. Wakesurfing to them is just a half-breed of surfing and wakeboarding. Much more of their viewers would have more interest on the ocean side of things from their point of view. (Disclaimer: This is just an opinion and has absolutely no facts to back it up.)

"Or if you are of the opinion that Josh has no control whatsoever, doesn't that make it pretty corporate? Not sure that fits with the scenario presented."

Uh, television is pretty corporate. Corporations are in business to make money, not spread the word and love of all "extreme sports", regardless of presented scenarios.
Old    surfdad            03-13-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
Tige Bro's :-) This dialog is pretty convoluted so probably best left alone, eh?
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-13-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
Aye.
Old     (lostrider19)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-13-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
dude you know they've had wakesurfing on fuel before with jamie lovett