Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-19-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
To all the folks in Orlando...

Due to the possibility of not being able to take a boat down to Florida (we're hoping to, but it might not happen), the Virginia Tech Wakeboard Club (or at least a few of it's members), was wondering if anyone down there would be willing to give us a pull one or two days while we're down there.

Of course we'll pay for gas, that's a no brainer, but we're looking for pulls for our spring break trip between March 10-12 or 13th...
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-23-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
Just spoke with someone down there who can give a pull one afternoon or morning. They are very busy so probably can only do 2 or 3 hours. My partner is a Hoakie and I owe him one. Contact me and I will give you info.
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-23-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
Prob can give u some pulls out on the st. johns if ur willing to drive got a loaded tige 20v
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-23-2009, 8:10 PM Reply   
I am always around too
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-23-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
I'd drive up there Matt, but I'm pretty sure everyone else will be drinking (not drunk, but not sober enough to drive), and I really hate DDing (which will be my main function on the trip since one of the vehicles is mine, and I'm also one of three of us who is under 21, so I get to play the responsible parrent character). We may pass by that area on the morning of the 7th on our way to Daytona. I'll talk to the crew that's coming and see if they'd be down for the detour before hitting the beach.

And Scott, I've always wanted to ride behind a REAL Malibu (we have a Sportster for the club, used to be the Waterski club). I'll talk to Brian Benjamin about going down to Clear Lake one day. If we are able to bring the Malibu, you wanna chaseboat? That thing's great on gas when it's unweighted, so yeah. Plus we can hit the towboat's double ups with it and get air. Don't ask how I know this.

David, I sent you a PM.

Thanks for the offers guys! Hopefully we can meet up and chill. I'm trying to get lots and lots of footage for a guest section/traveling section of this year's video, so this would be great. I think we're camping on lake Whippoorwill, if any of you know where that is...

Also, if anyone is going to be at O-dub, we'll be there for a couple of hours one day, and we're going to try to rent it for two hours one night. If you are there, just look for the toolbag wearing the #88 wakeworld jersey on the 10th or 11th.

(Message edited by wakeboardern1 on February 23, 2009)
Old     (smithwake101)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-24-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
i can pull you i live right down town and have a lake to my self for the most part
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-24-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
hey shoot me a message when yall get down this way...i would love to hang out with some VA peeps. I used to go to Radford and miss the trip over to VT to party. Is Davis coming down?
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-24-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
Nah. Davis is about as burnt out on wakeboarding as can be. He only rode around 6 or 7 times last year, and his first set in like, 4 months was the one he has in Gauntlet...

but I will hit you up when we get down there. I should have internet at Daytona, but after that I'm gunna wind up with no internet and only a phone to stay in contact with people.
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-24-2009, 7:30 PM Reply   
Me and a couple of my buddies will be there from the 10th-14th. So if anyone wants to kick back maybe take some pictures and what not hit me up.