Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (jacksoncheeseman)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-25-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
About a week ago I was on the water cruising on my 03 Calabria cal air, and stopped for awhile with my wife. When we started cruising again the alarm started beeping about every minute or so. I shut the boat off and checked everything I could think of. It was running great the whole time. So I started it back up and the alarm kept beeping. I was worried so we called it a day and went in. Once I got home I checked for any blockages in the hoses without any luck. Before I give in and take it to a mechanic I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of suggestions on what it may be. Please help!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-25-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
Is the lite for the Transmission on? Maybe check the tranny fluid? It could also be something as simple as a wire short.
Old     (jacksoncheeseman)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-25-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
The dib stick to my tranny fluid is stuck but I will check it when I get home.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-25-2008, 1:16 PM Reply   
sounds stupid, but make sure you check your depth finder too to make sure it is not set with the alarm on or the sensor is fouled????
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Check the beep sequence against your manual for a clue.

I had what sounds like the same beep on the first trip out in my Pro-V. Turned out to be a failed O2 sensor.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-25-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
Jackson, I had an 04 Cal-Air with the 315hp motor and my transmission dipstick was stuck to. I had to pull it out with pliers I think.

diggs, good call on the depth finder.
Old     (jacksoncheeseman)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-25-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
When the O2 sensor failed was your boat running ok?
This sucks because I am at work until monday and I can't try anything until then. I really appreciate every ones help.Upload
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-25-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
I had a very similar problem. It could be the block temperature sensor or in my case the alternator regulator went bad. Basically over time it got worse and when i hit the throttle the alternator would produce over 16 volts. The computer would sound the audible alarm every minute or so. After a few trips out with the problem it go so bad that it i hit the throttle fully open it would shut down the motor. Basically the computer was shutting down the motor to protect itself and all the electronics. I took mine to Calabria's factory and they hooked up the motor to the merc diagnostic tool and figured it out.
Old     (da_mose)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-25-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
One of my friends had this happen to his 02 Calabria. His raw water pumps impeller was old and the rubber vanes broke off restricting the water follow into the engine causing it to run hot.

You mite want to check your impeller, There about 50 bucks and it takes about 20 minutes to change and you should change them at lease every two years or 100 hours which ever comes first.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
Yeah, the boat was running fine. It actually did exactly what MOX described, but only over the course of 1 trip. I don't recall exactly, but it was something like 3 beeps once a minute or something like that. If I hit a certain speed it would go in to a limp mode.
Old     (sharkb8)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-25-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
Same issue here on my '05 ProV. 1st 2 times it was a water sensor, took 2 different times (being constantly beeped at) replacing the part to work right. From what I was told, there were a bad run of sensors from Merc. Just last season, ours did the same as yours is doing. That time (and it did go into limp mode), it was the oil pressure sensor. Once that was replaced, and the computer was reset (they forgot to reset after fixing, and it did the same thing again, on the water---argh) everything worked fine.
Old     (analdine)      Join Date: May 2006       04-25-2008, 8:13 PM Reply   
I had the wire come off the oil sensor, drove me crazy.
Old     (jacksoncheeseman)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-26-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
Thanks again everyone for your suggestions!
Old     (jacksoncheeseman)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-28-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
can i reset the computer my self....