Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-29-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
im looking at getting a new board, currently im riding an 04 cwb absolute platinum 134. i like the board but looking for something new. i want more pop, softer landings and a bigger board. i like my boards to be kind of fast, not crazy fast, but i dont want to fight it into the wake either. i like 3-stage rocker too, i like the extra boot it gives off the wake, im looking for controllable, predictable pop. soft landings is a must, i land in the flats alot. i am 5'7"-ish and 165 lbs, and ride behind a 99 DD wakesetter with about 1400lbs of ballast plus the wedge and 3-7 people (wake is a little higher than knee). right now im looking at the 06 absolute platinum 141 but i want some more opinions.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-29-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
just to let everyone know i have tried a 04 obrien demented 136 which was a fun board but didnt kick (pop) as hard as i wanted, but i really liked the landings, nice and soft. the speed was good but a little too fast i think

i have also tried an 02 obrien custom 135 (josh sanders old pro model) it was also a fun board, but i couldnt hardly get any pop, and the landings seemed a little hard for a continuous board, but the speed was fast and fun, but not something that i want all the time
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-29-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
Try the Watson and the PS3. They are both pretty fast and have great pop. Both have soft landings as well.
Old    thejinn            05-30-2006, 12:44 AM Reply   
Try the O'brien natural. I was set on the absolute, (coming from the premier) took it out to demo, took the natural to demo as well, just for a laugh. wound up buying the natural. extremely happy with board.
Fast board, great edge hold with 8 built in fins, great pop.
but as everyone will be telling you - demo demo demo
:-)
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-30-2006, 4:45 AM Reply   
i have considered all of those boards, but i have heard mixed reviews on the watson because of its tracking on edge (i want something locked in on edge). i dont really know much about the ps3 but i have heard that it doesnt pop very hard (just what i have been HEARING not what i KNOW) i cant demo, my local shop only carries liquid force and hyperlite but they dont demo.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-30-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
CWB Trancend Platnium has madd pop and soft landings.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-30-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
isnt the trancend slow? but im going to check out my local shop today
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-30-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
Depends on who you ask. They put a new bottom on it for 06 and it made the board faster. The board has hudge pop and alot of it. Def check it out and if you can demo it and see what you think.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-30-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
jeff - i cant demo around here, and im not sure if the trancend is for me, i would love to try it though.

the more i read/look at it the more im liking the watson 138. can someone give some more input on this board?
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-30-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
If you make it to Asheboro, I'll let you demo the LF stuff.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-30-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
Greg - thanks alot for the offer but i cant make it out to asheboro any time soon, but what do you think about the watson or the ps3? have you tried them?
Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-31-2006, 3:12 AM Reply   
I am also looking at the Watson but have only been boarding for a year and am still learning trick. Clearing the wake doing 180 and butter slides, Rail slides. But not sure if it will be to advanced. was riding an omega 1995. I am also looking at the watson binding too anyone used them or has a pair. Rob