Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (bulldog_peach)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-04-2005, 12:17 PM Reply   
I saw the Waterskier mag this month. My friend received it after he had to buy a USAWaterski membership to participate at the Pan AM tournament. What a great wakeboard magazine- I actually saw two wakeboards in it. Maybe if we ever get as big as Show Ski they will give wakeboarding some coverage.

I hope the WWA never becomes part of this group. They will kill wakeboarding as we know it. Please- no more USAWaterski tournamnets so we don't have to pay membership to this group.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-04-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
First of all, the magazine is called Waterskier. I don't buy Football magazine and look through it for Baseball coverage. The fact that is has any wakeboarding in it at all seems to be a bonus to me. Toss it if you don't like it.

Second, don't be so quick to dismiss the work that USA Wakeboard (USA Waterski) does for our sport. I know that the local tournaments here in San Diego, which are outstanding, are sanctioned by USA Wakeboard. I've seen the type of support that they provide for grassroots tournaments and it's very impressive.

In fact, I just had dinner last night with David Cornwall, who spent a good portion of his years running USA Waterski and voluntarily working his butt off to progress the sport of wakeboarding. I'd hate to see his service denigrated just because you don't like a particular magazine.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-04-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
I agree... What'd you expect... It's called, Waterskier magazine, right? Sounds like you got what you paid for.

-Blake
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-04-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
David Cornwall, in addition to being one of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet, has done a TON to promote wakeboarding in many aspects. Tell him I said Whassup!

Luke
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-05-2005, 7:31 AM Reply   
USA Waterski does a lot, including provided insurance for events you go to so that sites and promotions groups can have those events. Small price to pay for the peace of mind factor.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-05-2005, 7:37 AM Reply   
And also just keep in mind Wakeboarding got its start from Watersking so if it was not for that, wakeboarding may never have been which I don't care to even imagine. I read an article about someone bashing waterskiers and Darin Shapiro replied the same way that we have to respect the sport for giving us our start. IMO whether you waterski,wakeboard,Hydrofoil etc., anyone that enjoys being on the water is cool with me.
Old    bocaboarder            10-07-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
When are you going to have something nice to say . You must be friends of Andy's cause he moans just like you.